View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
emg77
Advanced Member
emg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Keeping my Astra..?

I'm at about 3.5 years and 45,000 miles, and still loving my Astra. I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. I just did my second spark plug change this weekend and changed the oil.

I still don't feel that there is much on the market that I want instead of my Astra. Maybe a Focus, but otherwise, I would probably have to spend a lot more money for something I would be interested in. I can't justify the price of a Regal GS. Plus, I'm pretty sure I won't be allowed to get a stick shift for my next car because my wife still hasn't learned how to drive it, even though she said she would, so I'll probably just keep the Astra as long as I can.

The next big expense will be tires and then I'm good until the timing belt change at 75k. I was glad to get almost no snow this winter, as the tires don't have much tread left, but having made it through winter, I've measured them all, and I should have enough tread left to make it to fall before I have to get new tires.

Drives: 2014 Volt, 2015 Acadia
Past Cars: 08 Astra, 12 Enclave, 09 Traverse, 05 Vue, 04 Grand Prix, 00 Alero, 97 LeSabre, 72 Cutlass S

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emg77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emg77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emg77 is offline   Reply With Quote