View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
vanilla sky
vanilla sky is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Keeping my Astra..?

I'm at about 2 and a half years with mine, and I'm at around 63,000 miles. It has a lot of small paint defects that need attention and it has a good amount of dings but I can touch up the paint and PDR it, and then it would look great again.

I've only had to replace the rear shocks under warranty once, and I need to do it again. I need to clean the cam sensors, I'll do that at my next oil change. I'm over half way through my second set of tires, which probably won't last as long as the OE 'Kooks, but they're a much better tire in every other category.

We plan on keeping this car until it starts breaking. It's the only way I feel we get value for our dollar when buying a new car because of the initial depreciation hit. There's a possibility that a van is in our future for road trips, but it's really starting to look like it will be a third vehicle, not a replacement.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vanilla sky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vanilla sky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vanilla sky is offline   Reply With Quote