View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 02:56 PM   #11
Rockstarvue
Rockstarvue will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Which Denso replacement alternator for 2006 3.5 Vue

I ended up putting in the 110 amp Denso since I already ordered it and needed to get back on the road. Put on 200 miles so far with no issue.

Luckily the job is pretty straight forward especially after swapping out a timing belt twice in the past. If I end up having made the wrong choice I can order up an ACdelco and swap it in. I will definitely post whether I have issues for any future person who needs to do the swap.

From what I understand the vehicle will only pull as many amps as it needs, and I don't have any accessories beyond stock that would require any more amperage so hopefully the draw is less the 110. I'm assuming all cars are overrated to some degree to give buffer for any optional add-ons.

I messaged Far2grumpy today to get his opinion on the matter as well, and will post if he doesn't directly post to the thread.

Beatrice 2005 3.5 Vue 61k - 176k R.I.P. You were taken too young in that accident
Estelle 2006 3.5 Vue 82k - ___

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rockstarvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rockstarvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Rockstarvue is offline   Reply With Quote