View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 04:39 PM   #26
JerryHughes
Master Member
JerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of lightJerryHughes is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SL
Default Re: A/C questions upon installation of compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
Yes it does. Somewhere it tells you to drain the dryer and replace the oil removed plus a guess for what is on the desiccant. I assume that you did this also.
When the drier gets here in 10 days, I will do that. Still can't imagine how you get a good guess off the "innards" of the drier but I'll probably end up with about an ounce---maybe two. But that drier is the one I installed only a few months ago---just before my clutch went bad and at that time I only added one ounce of oil so it will be interesting to see how much I do get back.

Installing the compressor was easy. Only time consuming thing was trying to line the six bracket bolts back up!! Oy, I had a few choice words for those. But it all came together. Couldn't use my torque wrench on the three large bolts because of lack of room so I guess-timated.

The suction line doesn't seem too secure, moves up and down easily even though I used 12 ft. lbs. to secure. I guess I won't know if it's going to leak until the pump is hooked up. Thanks for the info, OldNuc.

Jerry

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JerryHughes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JerryHughes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JerryHughes is offline   Reply With Quote