View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 05:14 AM   #1
R_J_
R_J_ is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2
Default Battery Disconect

1) I park my cars for long amounts of time.
I have found that my batteries keep a charge longer if I install a battery disconnect.
One end of these devices attach to the negative battery terminal then attache the removed ground cable to the other end of the device.
There is a ‘hand-screw’ in the middle of the device that disconnects the battery connection when unscrewed a bit.
-
2) have installed these on my 1960's & 1970's full sized V-8 automobiles, both with top posts and side posts.
-
3) I purchased a disconnect unit to install on the 1995 SC-2 Saturn which I recently acquired.
Actually I paid double, about $20, for a Moroso brand to get something first class.
-
4) Now the size of the Saturn battery seems smaller I an used to.
I tried to screw in the unit. I managed to get both ends started, but I had trouble tightening things down. It just didn’t seem right.
-
5) Is it possible that the screw sizes are different for the Saturn battery.
Perhaps they are metric, and different from the batteries form the for the 50 year old V-8 cars that I am used to.
-
6) Do the screws for the Saturn battery terminals somehow have a different thread?
I abandoned my attempt to tighten down the disconnect device and returned it to its original condition.
-
7) Any suggestions about a battery disconnect device would be appreciated.
-
RJ

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to R_J_'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help R_J_ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
R_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links