View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
flyjetguy is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
2000 SL1
Idea ‘00 SL1 hazards/signals all OK until headlights on, then nothing!

Searched the tech threads and haven’t seen this one.

Recently replaced the flasher bulbs (3157) with LED bulbs. The side marker flasher mod was done years ago.

Now of course I get the hyper flash with the hazards and turn signals. I like/need the hyper flash in the road warrior Orlando street environment so I have no problem with that.

I also recently noticed one license plate light was out when I replaced them with LED. After a little sleuthing with the multimeter, found a bad ground wire to one light bulb mount. I connected the ground wire from the working bulb mount to the inop mount and works fine now.

So immediately after the signal bulbs were installed and op checked good signaling and with hazards on, everything STOPS working (no relay clicking no flasher illumination at all) ONLY when the headlights are turned on.

Turn them off and everything works again!

Help our Saturns' resale value, get a gas mileage log and record yours online at:

'00 SL1, 5Spd, 184k 38mpg combined

Add to flyjetguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help flyjetguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
flyjetguy is offline   Reply With Quote Sponsored Links