View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 11:46 AM   #4
j.small17
j.small17 is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XE
Default Re: 2009 Astra Diagnostic Error Codes, diagnostic help needed

My 09 Astra XE is giving me 0301 and 0313 codes. Running very rough, acceleration is weak, and CEL comes and goes as I drive. Based on a few threads I've read on this site (it's been a big help for me, a new Astra driver) I figure it's either the spark plugs or ignition coils.

I replaced the spark plugs first, to see if that helps at all. The gap was bigger than .045, so I tried closing the gap (didn't help) then I put in new plugs (didn't help either).

Now, I have ordered an aftermarket ignition coil pack (Spectra Premium C-828 from eBay, also avail on Amazon.ca). It should be here in about a week. Will update when it's installed. Hopefully it gets everything back to normal!

Edit: forgot to mention some details on my car. Just purchased in July from a used dealer. 54000 km on it (up to 59K now) and drove like it was brand new. It may have been sitting for a while (lug bolts were INCREDIBLY difficult to get off to change to winter tires and the oil drain plug is seized/stuck) before I bought it.

Last edited by j.small17; 11-10-2017 at 11:53 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to j.small17's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help j.small17 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
j.small17 is offline   Reply With Quote