View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 04:45 PM   #10
Dragon88Tango
Dragon88Tango has a spectacular aura aboutDragon88Tango has a spectacular aura aboutDragon88Tango has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: 2005 L300 V6 No crank No start

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Dead starter on a Mercury Sable wagon on the day the Northeast suffered a power blackout. Banged starter a few times with a hammer, no start, replaced it. There are many ways for a starter to fail and the plain dead starter is just one failure mode.

By measuring for 12v on the 'S' terminal each time the ignition switch is turned to START, you eliminated the starting circuit, including the neutral safety start switch and narrowed it down to a faulty starter.

The whole "dead" starter threw me for a loop. I've been using this forum for while to matain the car and resolve any doubts that I may have about a procedure. With taht being said, whats the easiest way to get it out and what special tools (if any) would I need?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dragon88Tango's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dragon88Tango reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dragon88Tango is offline   Reply With Quote