View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2004 Saturn Ion Roof Rack

Personally, I went shopping for a roof rack and was disappointed at the outrageous prices from Thule and other brands. Needless to say, I didn't buy into the "Look at me!? I spent a gazillion dollars so I can transport one(1) snowboard!" I found a genuine Saturn luggage rack online from a GM (Md) dealer and bought it. They didn't tell me it was missing the four clips needed to attach the luggage rack to the roof but did find a Florida dealer with them. Once assembled, I retrofitted old ski racks to them to carry six pairs of skis or combination of skis and snowboards. Apparently, the S-series and L-series gutterless roofs share the same luggage racks. http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...L300+roof+rack, post #16. I think I paid $150(?). Well worth the investment compared to overpriced racks for snobs.

If the Ions are the same roof construction and uses the same luggage racks, you may be able to find them, either new or used if it meets your needs. Of course, you might have to be creative of any mods are needed. "If there's a will there's a way."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote