View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
Thecwb
Thecwb is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Dizzy 2004 vue 3.5L v6

I bought a 2004 Saturn Vue with the 3.5 Honda v6. The previous owner said that it had a misfire and would need to have the plugs and coils replaced. She even had the diagnostic print to go with it. I noticed it was running ruff due to the misfire, but other than that it was a smooth ride, and the automatic trans was smooth as well. On my way home with the vue I noticed a shudder around 40mph-60+mph felt like the care was going to fall apart at higher speeds. I passed it off on the misfire. I changed the plugs and coils and noticed it was a way smother idle and ride, and no shudder. I did notice one of the spark plug tube seals were leaking around the #1 cylinder. Not even 8 hours after changing the plugs and coils it was missing again. I changed the tube seals and valve cover gaskets as well. It ran fine for about 3 days then the shudder came back. The check engine light will flash when it shudders. I let off the gas peddle and it stops. I ease back into the gas and it starts again. This seems to be an intermittent issue at the moment. Sometimes it won't happen at all. I noticed the cel flashes when the studdering is happening. Any ideas where to start? It is FWD.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Thecwb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Thecwb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Thecwb is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links