View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #2
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL
Default Re: Greetings from Tampa, Florida!

Welcome! We sold wife's 2002 L200 last fall, 225,000 miles on it, 2.2 engine still ran strong! She bought it new and had NEVER had the auto tranny fluid changed! Everything worked on it- the only unscheduled repair was a fuel pump about 2006. Original timing chain, water pump, starter, alternator, struts, only one change of spark plugs, A/C still blew cold, it was a tank. 33 mpg too.
Maybe I can send some good karma your way

As soon as my Suzuki tires won't melt onto the pavement any longer, I will take a trip across the SS bridge in TB.

You might check the Rear outer suspension bushings. When they wear, it makes the tires tilt out and wear out tires. Also the front stab links wore and made noises. Valve cover gasket leaked but that was an easy fix. Headliner fell down and I redid that.

Oh yeah, we got $1300 for it, on Craigslist.

97 SL. Born 6/5/97, bought 7/7/97
08 Burgman 400
02 Haro MTB- can't kill it, still trying though

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeNW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote