View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #6
NotaNigRigged04
NotaNigRigged04 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
1998 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Sad to say I am done with Saturn

Yeah, BlackGold, Pierrot there is correct!
Many states do have "Lemon Laws" which give protection for buyers vs shady new/used car dealers.

Here In NYC where I am we have had them for many years and they DO actually work and help people!

You should look into returning that lemon you got!

But, Lemon Law's do NOT apply when you buy a vehicle from a "private sale" (an individual person)

Most states that DO have Lemon Laws that give you anywhere from 30 to 180 days to return a vehicle!

Also, never believe ANYTHING any used car dealer tells you!
(They really ARE all sleezeballs who are full of BS and are just out to make that $ale!)

ALWAYS bring a well trained/licensed mechanic with you to look at any used car!
(Personally, I charge only $50 to go along with and thoroughly inspect used vehicles, no matter if we go look at only 1 or 100 vehicles the rate is the same! And you'll know right then and there if a vehicle IS worth buying or not!)

Any used car "s-t-u-t-t-e-r-s" for even one second during a test drive, I run away from it as fast as I can!
(It's usually a good sign of a tranny issue, I've installed new tranny's that cost more than the vehicle it was going into was even worth!)

If I see any tore up/spliced/doctored/taped up wiring under a dashboard, I run away from it as fast as I can!
(Electrical problems can be caused from someone adding/removing aftermarket audio/video gear, many times gear IS installed by kids incorrectly and causes electrical problems which can be very hard and expensive to trace and repair!)

If it ain't broke....you probably didn't beat on it hard enough! Doh!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NotaNigRigged04's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NotaNigRigged04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NotaNigRigged04 is offline   Reply With Quote