Thread: HID option
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
Household6
Household6 has a spectacular aura aboutHousehold6 has a spectacular aura aboutHousehold6 has a spectacular aura about

2007 Outlook XR
Default HID option

So we have had our Outlook for a week or so now and, as nearly expected, are starting to find little things wrong with it. (She has 165k miles on her with a Chevy dealer replaced engine at 100k and appears tranny was replaced at some point too.)

On the way home from the dealership I noticed the headlights going dim. Come to find out it's the passenger headlight flickering ON, remaining off most of the time (also have a running lamp out on other side). After reading here, I realize we're faced with the headlight wiring harness issue. But one thing I'm not clear about is whether the issue exists only (usually) for halogen bulbs, or if the HID headlights havevalso suffered such fate.

I THINK I have the HID headlights. Is there a way to tell by the VIN or the door sticker what she came from the factory with? Assuming it is the HID lights, does the wiring harness issue also hold true for those headlights, or do I need to be looking for a different issue entirely?

Many thanks! And please allow me to apologize in advance for the many questions that are sure to come on various issues.

2007 Outlook XR AWD
Dark Blue, Tan Leather, 2nd row Captains Chairs
Fully Loaded
Engine Replaced by dealer at 100k, Evidence of new(er) transmission
(Purchased in Feb 2017 with 165k miles)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Household6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Household6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Household6 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links