View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 03:25 AM   #1
Gerheardt
Gerheardt is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2
Default Hello! New member from French Canada

Hi! I'm David from Saint-Georges de Beauce, Québec, Canada. It's located 45minutes north of Maine, USA. Je parle français and english.

I'm 26 years old and had as much cars in my life (26). My new car is an automatic 1995 Saturn Sl2 of 275 000kms which i bought in mid January 2017. My summer car is a manual 1999 Toyota Tercel. To avoid ruining it in our incredibly horrible winter weather, i needed a winter beater. I bought a 1999 Volvo S70 T5 to do that but the engine decided to blew without any reason at the beginning of the cold times...so i bought my 1995 Sl2 to replace it.

The SL2 i own is automatic without any equipment. Manual windows and door locks, nothing at all but the DOHC engine and the optionnal automatic transmission.

I might admit, i've been lucky to find that car in this good shape, even some rustproof treatments have been made in the past! I intend to continue the rustproof treatments and the good maintenance.

I never owned any american car because they're usually unreliable, slow and weird in their conception. I wanted to give a chance to this car for its almost entire non rusting body panels and for now, i like it. The conception is quite ususual to me and some parts are very very cheap but there is many good points to let me forget that.

I decided to join the forum to learn more on my car and have some help if i need it, and give some if i can too.

I uploaded pics of my car on the board but i'm not sure yet how the site is working so you may have to find them by yourselves for now lol

1995 Saturn SL2
1997 Toyota Camry V6
2016 Hyundai Accent

Last edited by Gerheardt; 02-09-2017 at 03:34 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gerheardt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gerheardt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gerheardt is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links