View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 11:15 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 08 Outlook XR bad hesitation

Was throttle ever cleaned? Electric throttles in drive by wire systems are a little different from all other throttle bodies and some precautions are needed for cleaning them. A strong internal return spring ensures when power is interrupted during a crash or normal engine shutdown, throttle is closed. This is a safety backup to the electric servo motor driving the throttle plate. Ignition must be OFF and the throttle plate forced open to clean off buildup. Propping open throttle with a piece of wood or something that won't scratch helps. It's recommended not spraying throttle cleaner directly into open throttles as silent may enter tiny vent passages and screw up electronics within a pair of position sensors, intake air temperature sensor and servo motor make up throttle actuators. Solvent on a rag and hand scraping hard buildup works as I did this on mine ('03 L300) without issues. The throttle return spring is very strong.

Personally, I doubt cheap gas is causing any issue with many debates for and against no name brands. If you didn't have issues from long term use of no name gas, it's not a fuel issue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote