View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 10:47 PM   #1
premlor
premlor is on a distinguished road

Default 08 Outlook XR bad hesitation

So my problem has been steadily getting worse. It started off as a little hiccup when the engine was under a load and the rpm's would get low. Around when it should be ready to shift. If I put my foot down and make it shift the hesitation stops for the moment. I took it to the dealer and the said to service the transmission. They didn't think it was stiffing property. They also said they heard some pinging and recommended getting the fuel system cleaned. So I went and picked up some Lucas. I put the tranny treatment in the tranny. I put the complete fuel system cleaner in the gas. The first time I put the fuel system treatment I believe there was a noticeable improvement. Though with the next tank it was back to its old ways. So the problem has gotten steadily worse. I'm like 10 tanks of fuel later, with 3 of them being treated with the Lucas complete fuel system cleaner. So today when I was in my driveway with the engine idling it started to seem like it was hesitating/bogging down and the rpm's were flittering up and down. More down than up. That would tell me it isn't the transmission since it was just idling in park. At one point I let the roughness continue, without putting my foot down and making it downshift, and the check engine light came on. Something about the ignition system. But the code went away before the dealer could read it and it wasn't in the history. 😕

Any ideas? Fuel/ignition system?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to premlor's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help premlor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
premlor is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links