View Single Post
Old 07-23-2001, 09:48 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default SaturnFans Server Outage

Earlier today some of you may have noticed that this message board, the SaturnFans photo gallery, and links database was not working properly. I'm working on a permanent fix, but in case it happens again I wanted to let everyone know why its happening.

The Saturnalia is experiencing "growing pains".

Its sounds silly, but its true. I'm not sure what happened, but visitor traffic to SaturnFans.com has surged since the end of June. Hits to this web site have never been higher. I'll be posting a more formal announcement about this soon, but for the first time SaturnFans is going to serve more than 1/2 million pages in one month.

My web host notified me of the increased traffic volume earlier this month, and I upgraded my server. As a result of the continued growth, I will be upgrading the server again.

Five years ago when I created Saturnalia, I never dreamed that this site would draw so much traffic. I remember when I had just 20 people visiting the site each day. I owe a big "thank you" to all the SaturnFans members and visitors who have helped make the site what it is today. SaturnFans wouldn't have lasted as long as it has without everyone's feedback and support.

I hope to put these recent server glitches behind us very soon. Next month, I will start implementing a number of other improvements to the site that I've been working on behind the scenes. I think you'll like what's coming...

Thanks again for your patronage,
Charlie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links