View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
mike1161
mike1161 is a glorious beacon of lightmike1161 is a glorious beacon of lightmike1161 is a glorious beacon of lightmike1161 is a glorious beacon of lightmike1161 is a glorious beacon of lightmike1161 is a glorious beacon of light

2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2007 Outlook XR
Default 07 Outlook, P0171, P0174, and "Service Stabilitrak" after replacing plugs!

Our 07 Outlook just turned over 100K miles, and new plugs were recommended. So I put in Autolite platinum plugs (gapped per service manual). Started it back up, and the idle was kind of rough, with the RPM "hunting" up and down a bit. Then I get the warning bells with "Traction Control Off" and "Service Stabilitrak". What the heck? I've cleared the codes a few times, but they come back. And the "Traction Control Off" and "Service Stabilitrak" comes and goes. I also tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to see if that would clear up the Stabilitrak issue, but no luck. I saw one other post on here where it said that there is a wire bundle that goes to the camshaft position sensor and if you bend it or mess with it, that could cause the Stabilitrak issues. Any ideas?
And for the P0171, P0174 codes below is something I found: seems reasonable, but where to start? Especially since it was running perfect before I changed the plugs! Note: Air filter is brand new also.

Code P0171 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty Note: The use of "oiled" air filters may cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry. There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor Possible cracked vacuum or PCV line/connection Faulty or stuck open PCV valve Failed or faulty oxygen sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Sticking/plugged or failed fuel injector Low fuel pressure (possible plugged/dirty fuel filter!) Exhaust leak between engine and first oxygen sensor Possible Solutions A lot of times, cleaning the MAF sensor and finding/fixing vacuum leaks fix the problem. If you're on a tight budget, start there, but that may not be the fix for certain. So, possible solutions include: Clean the MAF sensor. Consult your service manual for it's location if you need help. I find it's best to take it off and spray it with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner. Make sure you are careful not to damage the MAF sensor, and make sure it's dry before reinstalling Inspect all vacuum and PCV hoses, replace/repair as required Inspect all hoses and connections in the air intake system Inspect and/or test the intake manifold gaskets for leakage

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike1161's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike1161 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links