View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #19
Cougarstang
Cougarstang is a jewel in the roughCougarstang is a jewel in the roughCougarstang is a jewel in the roughCougarstang is a jewel in the rough

2006 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Have You Experienced the Ignition Switch Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz View Post
I got my ignition done today. Like 2007_ion2 they gave me a new key set. Yeah, it looks different as noted: no logo and only a hole, not a slit. But, heck, its otherwise the same key! I tried my old key and it still worked the ignition and it started the vehicle. So why the new key? Just to be nice?
What fdryer said is spot-on. Technically, they're supposed to take all of your old keys for this reason. They don't want you using the slotted key to avoid future litigation. The dealer that serviced mine, however, only kept the one key that I gave them with the car. Fortunately, I gave them the crappy generic replacement key and saved my saturn logo key, which still works. I find myself using the new ones, anyway.

I wish the new keys had the saturn logo, but beggars can't be choosers.

My ride: 2002 Ford Mustang GT, 4.6L v8, 5-speed manual
Wife's ride: 2006 Saturn ION 2, 5 speed manual
Gone but not forgotten: 2000 Saturn SL1, auto

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cougarstang's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cougarstang reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cougarstang is offline   Reply With Quote