View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
Brad92sc2
Brad92sc2 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default FS: Silver Astra XR 3 Door, loaded Chicago

Hey guys, I found a good deal on a CTS-V and I have decided to sell my Astra or trade it in if I can't find a buyer. The car is located in the Chicago western suburbs. I am looking to get $11k, as I haven't seen another car with the low miles and options that mine.

The car has 39k miles, and I'm the third owner. Silver, 5 speed manual, with tinted windows, the 18" 5 spoke wheels w/ factory Pirellis on them, and I will include my winter tires: 17" blizzaks on spoked steel wheels from an Aura. It has the CDC30 6 disk MP3 CD player, and leather heated seats. The car is bone stock as far as I know, no modifications, paint or otherwise - just the steel wheels I use in the winter.

History: I had one guy back into me and put a small crease the driver's side fender. Repaired at a body shop that specializes in German cars with a used panel, and repainted adjacent panels to blend the new paint. The repair was done right since the other guy's insurance paid for it, everything was removed for painting, etc. The cost ended up being right around $1700. There is one gouge in the bumper from the car rolling back into the garage door. It is repairable as it is in the plastic, I just haven't taken the time to do it. There are a few other paint blemishes that are expected for a used car (1 or 2 marks on the doors but no dings, a few small paint chips on the bumper) but nothing out of the ordinary.

I am pretty picky on my cars, so here are some small things. They don't bother me much, but I am not looking to waste anyone's time who wants to come look at the car. Here they are:

There is an intermittent Check engine light that comes on sometimes when it is cold. I scanned it once and got a camshaft position sensor error. I put higher octane fuel in the next fill-up and it went away. I intend to get to the bottom of the CEL before selling the car. The 18" wheels have some paint missing, but no rash on the rim. I would have plasti-dipped them if I intended on keeping the car.

I can send pictures to anyone who is interested, email me at Bradschull@gmail.com

Thanks,
Brad

08 Astra 3D - 5spd, Daily Driver
64 Impala - Weekend Cruiser
99 SC2 - Traded for Astra @ 118k miles
92 SC2 - Deceased
01 L300 - Family Car

Last edited by Brad92sc2; 02-19-2012 at 04:08 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Brad92sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Brad92sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Brad92sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links