View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #213
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

Charlie, its truly been a ride. My first Saturn was a red metallic SL a stripper with no options other than a radio. It was to be my work car,saving my Cadillac from the inevitable dents and dings. However, I found that it was much more fun to drive and comfortable to sit in. I ended up trading the Cad. for a 1994 SC2--arguably my favorite car. I trade for several coupes after that-1996,1999(the honeymoon car when I married in 2002). I finally had to give in the the practicalities of married life and traded the 1999 for a 2004 Vue. I had a 2001 L300 so my wife got the vue. Actually, I had 2-L's; I totaled the first, an L-200 5-speed after only 2,000 miles. I finally traded the Vue for a 2008 Vue in Oct 07 and it now has 73,000 troublefree miles. The L300 went away for a 04 Saab 9-3 that was one of the most unreliable cars I've ever owned---it was traded for the CTS I drive now.When I got your e-mail, I thought at first that you were shutting down the site---HORRORS,but the I sadly realized that you were just saying goodby to us as an active poster.Please come in and tell us how you and your family are doing from time to time and thanks for this great site. Just like they said about Saturn-"its a different kind of site".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote