View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #207
Bruno
Bruno is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

I bought my '96 SW2 back in 1996 as the previous owner sold it after 4 months of use. I have to admit it was the best car I had purchased. Not only was it incredibly trouble free, but it always got me where I needed to be. It was fun to drive with the 5-speed manual (Save the Manuals!) and the engine was willing to move it out quickly. After SPS came into existence, I upgraded multiple parts in the car to increase the fun factor for the daily commute. When things did break, it was easy for the shade tree mechanic to fix most problems. I never got the smoking problem (oil burning) that some 1.9s were known for. But it certainly did eat brake rotors. I would warp them like crazy until I purchases some slotted rotors that lasted much longer. I will miss Saturn as I loved being unique on the road. So long, Farewell, Aufwiedersehn, Goodnight.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bruno's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bruno reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote