View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #88
Carbon60
Carbon60 is on a distinguished road

1994 SC2
Default Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

Farewell Saturn! 90 days ago I was at a decision point - I needed to travel to New Mexico from New Jersey to work on a government contract, and wasn't sure my 1994 SC2 would make it.

I bought the car new in Augusta, GA and have driven it up and down the East Coast - everywhere my career takes me, from the Homecoming in Spring Hill to my home on the banks of the Millstone River near Princeton. I'd been having electrical trouble- a slow constant drain on the battery- which I'd narrowed down to either the aftermarket alarm system or the infamous passive restraints.

Anyhow, I had the alarm removed and the restraints disconnected, and Ol' Blue (it's that peculiar teal shade!) went 2500 miles to Santa Fe without a whimper. Too bad the odometer broke three years ago at 178,600 miles, or I'd tell you how far past 200000 miles we've gone. NJ to NM and up the mountain every day to Los Alamos. This little car won't quit.

The Saturn 4 cyl. DOHC engine easily equals the famous Mopar Slant Six for durability, and surpasses it for economy... I've owned and driven them both. And the plastic body panels look nearly as good now as they did 17 years ago.

The Saturn Company was short-lived, and should have been given more freedom by the greedy GM establishment. I love my SC2, and will coddle it, repair it, and drive it until a viable/affordable electric roadster hits the market.

H. J. Rosen, Cranbury NJ: January 3, 2011.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Carbon60's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Carbon60 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Carbon60 is offline   Reply With Quote