View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #71
bestharry
bestharry is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
Happy Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

Charlie, Thanks with best Regards to you for the dedication and all the hard work that you put in to keep this valuable resource going.

My history with Saturn doesn't date back to many many years but I can tell that it took me just few minutes to make up my mind to buy a Saturn Vue after I went with my friend to have a look at the one he was buying for himself. I got so impressed by the simplistic, easy to work, rugged and rust proof body (this is important in salt infested roads here in Canada) design and most important by the straigt and impressive body style of Vue that I ended up buying a 2003 Vue from my neighbourhood with BLOWN Vti tranny in summer 2009.

All this was after joining this wonderful club and reading about the replacement of Vti with 5 speed manual. Ended up successfully bringing this baby back on road by spending only 2 weeks (there is a thread on this site where the updates were posted) and had been driving it since then. It prooved to be the most flawless vehicle to me ever since and now it stands at 235K Kms (about 65K Kms in a year and half) and still driving like a charm. I am torchered to replace this Vue with a automatic tranny vehicle now by my wife becuase she started driving and doesn't feel very comfortable handling the gears.
I will always miss this Vue in my life and would still hope to buy another one one day if I get a chance. Its really 'Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride' for me

All above this, My respect for CHARLIE will stay for ever!
Happy New Year 2011 to all readers and their loved ones.

Harry

Harry in Toronto with:
2003 Saturn Vue 2.2 Manual - (Not so) Recent edition
1997 Volvo 850 wagon - Love this Black box (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bestharry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bestharry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bestharry is offline   Reply With Quote