View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #67
k1rod
k1rod is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
A new story entry has been added:

Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)
I remember driving my 1993 SL1 from New Hampshire to Orlando in December of 1994. I was in Richmond, VA when my car started becoming difficult to shift. My wife was with me. We stopped and called Saturn on a pay phone explaining that we were on the road and having trouble. They immediately directed us the closest Saturn dealer. As we were pulling up to the dealer, they were rolling up the bay doors and waving us in. (They must have been watching for the New Hampshire plates!) Within an hour, they had replaced the clutch slave cylinder and the spark plug wires (just for good measure) and had us back on the road. That was an amazing level of customer service and I really miss it.

This whole Saturn Saga has been very sad for me. To me it represents more than the failure of a single car company. To me it was almost symbolic of the failure of American manufacturing. I now buy Chevys. They are pretty good cars mostly made in Mexico or Canada or somewhere else... And nobody rolls up the bay doors and waves me in when I pull into the dealer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to k1rod's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help k1rod reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
k1rod is offline   Reply With Quote