View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #63
jswingchun
jswingchun is on a distinguished road

1992 SL2
Default Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

My wife saw a used 96 SL1 parked along a street with a for sale sign back in 98 or so. It was the blackberry color, if I remember correctly. We bought it because she loved that color. At the time I didn't even change the oil in our cars. That started our Saturn relationship.

I needed a car so I wouldn't have to drive my truck all the time when gas got up to nearly $4, so I bought a 92 SL2 with 150k miles for $700. I knew it would need a lot of work, and I didn't know how to do it. I stumbled onto this site in September of 2005.

So with this site and a Haynes manual I have gone from a guy that went to quick lube places to get his oil changed, to a guy that has successfully pulled and rebuilt a motor. That SL2 now has 230k miles.

We since have traded the 96 SL1 for a 99 SC2. That SC2 was handed down to my kid, and we have purchased another 99 SC2 for my wife to drive.

The thing that sucks about all of this is that I doubt anything like this will ever happen again for me. I don't see finding a car that I can buy two or three of and work on myself with the help from a community like this.

There is a really nice dark blue SC2 sitting at a car lot downtown that I have had my eye on...

Thanks a lot to Charlie and to everyone on this site!!

92 SL2 - 280k miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jswingchun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jswingchun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jswingchun is offline   Reply With Quote