View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #52
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

When I first went into Saturn of Raleigh in 1995, I knew this was for me. Technically proficient salespeople with no pressure - Relief at last!

Had 3 SL's and 1 SL1 and was a real fanatic.

Then the garbagehead beancounters struck with the German trash L series. Trusted Saturn so much, I bought a first year model, a 2000 LS.

Beautiful car but completely trash Opel Vectra roots created numerous uncorrectable design flaws that the greatest dealer couldn't fix. It took 2 more years to get rid of the worst flaws still leaving garbage German design like the clutch slave cylinder in the bellhousing that was a $1,500 fix.

GM ruined customer service too. The metal emblem on the steering wheel would bend if you touched it sounding the horn. GM denied my request for a warranty fix under the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty. The ignorant design required a $700 airbag + labor. Even though GM paid after I filed arbitration citing how I followed the owner's manual "press the pad to sound the horn". That was it for me and Saturn.

Well, the LS wound up traded for a Corolla at 21K miles and under 2 years,

Alas poor Saturn, I knew you well.

Last edited by BobL; 01-03-2011 at 07:15 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobL is offline   Reply With Quote