View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #51
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

While in college in the late 1980s, I first read of the Saturn brand being formulated. Followed it ever since then. In May or June of 1991, I bought one of the first Saturns, a 1991 SL2, medium blue with the spiral wheels and 5-speed manual. It was sweet.

I still remember people flagging me down or asking at red lights what kind of car it was. Compared to the Civic or Corolla of that day, Saturn was the best thing on the market and it didn't look or drive like an economy car. Those were good times. Since then, I've had three other Saturns.

I've been on this site for nearly a decade and have enjoyed it. Sold my last Saturn, a 1997 SL2, auto with traction control, in 2003 after it wouldn't fit a rear facing car seat. Loved the car though.

While I am almost exclusively on the OT forums, I still read the site. It is a great one, one that Charlie has done a wonderful job with and I thank him for it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote