View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 01:30 AM   #43
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2
Default Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
When it was announced that Saturn would be closed I suggested expanding the forum to cover Buick, or starting a sister forum to cover Buick. Which is where GM hopes Saturn owners will go (a pro or a con?) and which has no especially good forum for current models. Not the same, I know, which I assume is why you did neither.
I dunno about that, personally I thought a Chevrolet section would be more appropriate, since both were about cheap, reliable transportation (though in two different ways). Even still, I've also seen many posts about BAWWW NO MOAR G.M. IN MY FAMBLY and WE'RE GOIN TO HONDUH to render that option kinda useless.

You also gotta remember, G.M.C. is about ripped off Chevy trucks and CUVs, Buick is entry-level luxury, and Cadillac is about high-end luxury.

Then again, there IS an other cars section of the forum for this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninesvnsicks View Post
I just sold my 96 SC2 to my friend the other day too I already miss it. He freakin peels out and blows the tire out pissed me off. He needs new tires now so his fault lol.
He should really be lucky he doesn't need a new transaxle by now, due to the differential pin blowing a big hole in the transaxle block. Those aren't cheap, ya know, and you can't just rebuild it; you'd need a whole "new" transaxle.

You might wanna warn him of that the next time he wants to do peelouts in it.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote