View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #9
sparkynsmoke
sparkynsmoke is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2
2005 RELAY-2
Default Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

I've had 3 Saturns in the last 16 years, but since day 1 of the company launching, I wanted one.
When I won Sparky in a church raffle in June 1995, she was a God send. I didn't have a car at the time, and the first time I saw her, it was almost like we were meant to be.
I've done some pretty amazing things in my life with her, like driving to Vegas to get married, bring two of my three kids home from the hospital, get two college degrees, be an only child and family workhorse car.
Then Smoke came along. He was my little SW car that was so cool. Unfortunately, I only had him for 15 months, as he was killed in a broadside collision.
2 1/2 years later, after the addition of a "bowtie" sibling for Sparky, we drove to Saturn of Whittier to get an ignition lock where Swoop, our 2005 Relay 2, came into our lives.
We needed a bigger vehicle, and kids don't get smaller, so the Vue was out, the Outlook was a tad too big, and when my husband saw the built in DVD player, needless to say, he was sold.
While Sparky will eventually head into retirement to be restored, I had considered getting a Vue, but more than likely will consider getting a Monte Carlo SS.
Why? I'm a big Nascar fan and have always wanted a Monte Carlo since I graduated from high school in 1987. Call me crazy, but when you fall in love with a car, you just gotta go for it.
I LOVE my Saturns and always have. No demise of the nameplate will EVER change that.
SATURN FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1995 SL2 - Sparky- (234K+)
1997 SW2 - Smoke- (64,817) RIP my little boy
2004 Chevy Cavalier - Gordy- (103K+)
2005 Relay 2 - Swoop or Smoke II- (48K+)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sparkynsmoke's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sparkynsmoke reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sparkynsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote