View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL
Default Re: Goodbye Saturn: Thanks for the Ride (1985-2010)

Charlie,

I have to say that was a very well written article. I know that this forum has helped me in ways I never thought of. I've been an owner now since 1997; when I first purchased my 94 SC1 that had 59,000 miles on it. When 2008 rolled around and I hit 340,000 miles on the original engine and auto trans; with help from this site--- I never would have gained the confidence or the car knowledge that I have currently--- if it wasn't for this site.

I remember the first "major to me" repair that I had attempted was replacing the ECTS. Kind of a major repair if you didn't have alot of working car repair knowledge prior to doing it. Looking back, I get a little smile on my face because it is such a simple fix.

This site has given me the knowledge to repair and/or replace: Spark Plugs, Water Pumps, Alternators, Brakes, Fenders, and so many other things that I never would have DREAMED about knowing how much to fix on my cars. But I am grateful for the community of people that are here that have the knowledge that can share it with others. This site has also given me the opportunity to meet up with some people in real life, and be able to have fun with the cars as well.

I'm looking forward to many more years being able to enjoy the upkeep on my cars as they age; as well as helping others with their "new" Saturn purchase.

Thank you for 10 years of online support. I still can't believe that I am now going into my 11th year of being involved in an online car forum.

Make sure that your kids understand the importance of being able to fix things for themselves as they get older. As a parent myself of a 3 year old; I am trying to instill in him early the ability to work and fix things.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote