View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
ch3no2
ch3no2 is on a distinguished road

Default PCM? What else could it possibly be?

I have a '94 SL1 with a 5 speed manual trans that at first glance appears to have the classic Saturn high idle (1200 -1400 rpm) except that it refuses to be fixed. Instead of posting the entire horror story which would take more space then most would care to read I will skip the 6 months of code reading etc. and will list breifly what has been replaced or done. Hopefully someone will see something I have missed. Replaced....ECTS (twice), ECTS wiring, thermostat, TPS, IAC, EGR valve, EGR solenoid, Intake gasket, MAP sensor and most vacuum lines. Labor.....Proved there are no vacuum leaks by using a smoke machine, removed and cleaned throttle body, Cleaned or replaced every connection at sensors.
None of the sensors were replaced without having a code indicating it to be a problem at the time. I did find multiple vacuum leaks at first but to my suprise fixing them didn't help at all. The idle does sometimes go higher and stay there untill I come to a complete stop. IDoes anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to test the PCM?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ch3no2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ch3no2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ch3no2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links