View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
Choronodon
Choronodon is on a distinguished road

Default 06 Ion 3 stuck ignition lock cylinder - can't remove

Hope someone can help me with this. The ignition lock cylinder on my 2006 Ion 3 has frozen in the run position. I can turn the key past run to the start position, but cannot turn it back to accessory or off. The dealership quoted me $600+ to fix, which I can't afford right now. I have a Chilton's guide for the 2003 - 2007 Ion line, and I tried used the process they detail for removing the lock cylinder (briefly, turn key to run, press first detent, press second detent, press first detent again). The cylinder can be withdrawn about one inch after following that process, but can't be withdrawn any further. Seems I'm getting stuck on something. Am I doing something wrong? Anything else I can try?

I've hunted all over google in the last couple of days, and searched through the forum. Found plenty of info on frozen cylinders, but nothing addressing how to remove a cylinder lock that won't come out. Any help would be great!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Choronodon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Choronodon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Choronodon is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links