View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #16
jaman
jaman is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
Idea Re: Welcome ImSaturn Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10974 View Post
Asking here..... When did Saturnteam close?? Is there or will there a be a place for ex Saturn employees? Here on SaturnFans.com? Employee= from Spring hill to the dealers?

Any input is very welcomed!!!

Mike.
ex Parts Consulantant
Saturn of English Creek
Egg Harbor NJ
Hi Mike , sorry you had to go through all these changes as a Saturn employee . I know in this economy jobs are hard to find and I just hope that whomever took over the Saturn dealership that you worked at offered you a position with there company which ( thank Go. ) has been the case most of the time .
Saturn is gone , its not coming back any time soon . We all love our Saturn's and I personally will be around the Saturn forums for a long time to come .
I believe in the Saturn idea and concept that was presented BY GM a long time ago . I'm disappointed that they picked Saturn as sort of a scapegoat to bail out on during tuff restructuring times with GM and there BK . I feel that it was unnecessary to bail out on Saturn and it definitely should have been handled differently . I also understand that when a company is going through a BK that rash quick decisions can be made which can not be reversed after the decision because its TO LATE .
We are only human and mistakes can and will continue to be made , its what we do after we discover that a mistake has been made that makes a difference.
Sometimes we need to admit out mistakes and carry on .

For instance , I know it will more than likely never happen because of pride, but check this scenario.
What if GM acknowledged that possibly a mistake had been made during very tuff times wall they were going through the BK and that Saturn should have never been scrapped.
What if they decided to re-introduce Saturn ??? could they do that ???
YES ! they most definitely could . Should they do that ?? YES they most definitely should !! would that help GM ??? YES it definitely would !!!
would they ever suck up there pride , admit that mistakes were made and do the right thing ????? I DOUBT IT . lol.

SPACE )))) )))) ))) THE FINAL FRONTIER ((( (((( (((( TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO SATURN HAS GONE BEFORE ((

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jaman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jaman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jaman is offline   Reply With Quote