View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #12
bobafett1985
bobafett1985 is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: A Letter from Jill Lajdziak to Saturn Owners Regarding GM

I recently re-read the book "In the Rings of Saturn." It reminded me of the time when Saturn first came on the scene. It was a much different world than the one in which we live. US companies were not afraid to compete or innovate.

Jill, I'd encourage you to visit You Tube and punch up a few of the old Saturn Homecoming videos. You'll see what brand loyalty was (past tense...).

I drive past my old Saturn dealership everyday on the way to work. It's closed, but the sign remains. I have good memories of buying cars, taking them in for oil changes and service visits. The staff was trustworthy and always friendly. It was the kind of place you could send a friend and know that they'd be treated right. I wonder what happened to the sales staff and the mechanics, many of whom were proud to tell you they had been Saturn mechanics for 10 + years.

So, I appreciate that the decision was tough, I just think it was a bad decision. Kind of like when Saturn decided to stop having homecomings, building cars in Tennessee and using plastic body panels.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bobafett1985's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bobafett1985 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bobafett1985 is offline   Reply With Quote