View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #17
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2
Default Re: The Worlds Most Loyal and Dedicated Saturn Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureoflink View Post
I thought ABS and TRAC went hand-in-hand (can't have one without the other?)
He listed it that way because the gen-1 5-speed ABS cars didn't have TRAC.

Yeah, tough crowd indeed. Does it really matter whether Al and family still own/drive all those cars? Whatever they've sold off, most of them are probably STILL being driven by SOMEONE. It'd be cool to own a secondhand former Clapdaddy-mobile. Shoot, whoever bought wolfman's "old '97" when he went off the res should be proud of that car's provenance.

And no, I wouldn't say Low Saturn has "a lot of money". Yeah, it's expensive to live where he lives, but he didn't buy all 23 of his Saturns new, the way Al and his family have bought their 47. Low is famous for finding cars and parts that he can buy for the change that's stuck in the cushions of his couch. Al and family obviously have a different approach. Is one approach or the other "better"? Of course not. It's a big enough world, with room for people with wildly different ways of doing things; the one thing that's in common is an obvious appreciation for Saturns, and for Saturn.

HAH, I did manage to find one thing on which to criticize the Clapsaddle family -- 47 Saturns and only one wagon? What were you thinking?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote