View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: New GM CEO Not Fazed by Future Competition from Saturn Brand, Peugeot Cited As P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMutts View Post
Regardless of who the manufacturing source might be, do you think it is really necessary for Saturn to only sell US built vehicles? Isn't it more about the buying and ownership experience that sets Saturn apart from the other brands?

How do you feel about the Astra and the current VUE? Both are built out of the country, yet are great vehicles sold and serviced by great retailers.

For good or bad, the world has changed since 1990. It seems only fitting that Saturn evolve as well. I'd like to see what the future holds.
Mr Mutts: I have been wanting the Astra to be part of my family's 12 Saturns for years now. Well, finally it arrived in the US and I got one. My XE is my 4th personal Saturn and possibly the nicest car I have ever owned. Although Saturns have been the most reliable cars our family has had through the years the fit and finish was never quite right. That all changed with the Astra. I have had it for 5 months now with absolutely no fit or finish problems (or major mechanical problems either). If this is the direction of quality that the new Saturn is going in we are definitely headed in the right direction!

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote