View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 04:38 AM   #16
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Happy Re: Saturn Prepares for Life Beyond General Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSaturn View Post
Jill spoke to "how" I can help Saturn, but didn't answer the more important "why" I should help... .

I'm afraid, Jill, that you've gotten a pass way too many times from the Saturn faithful. Sure, many of us will still support the Saturn of old, but you really need to focus your energies on getting new suckers to buy your product (I'm guessing the old Saturn owners won't).

So Jill, let's cut the crap. Give me a reason to support your company and I will. Let's not play on my loyalty to your past products to support your future success. If that makes me a bad Saturn owner, so be it.

Jill, you've been called out. Give me a reason to believe in Saturn and I will.
That was rude. Called out? What else do you want her to say at this point? Until the spin-off is complete, there's not much more information she can share. Jill has done a good job keeping as much of "Saturn" intact as possible under a GM that didn't want Saturn to be separate or fundamentally different from their other divisions. I trust that she and her team are doing their best to return Saturn to its former glory. Unlike most corporate executives, she is truly passionate about the brand, and fought a hard fight. We're at the beginning of a very long process. While we might have an idea of what direction Saturn is going in mid-April, I doubt we'll know what specific products will be filling showrooms in 2013. Saturn is attempting to undergo a huge metamorphosis here by doing something that's never been done before in the auto industry. Its going to require a lot of work, and won't be something that happens overnight. Be patient, and give them a chance to be successful.

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote