SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   S-Series Tech (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   '95 SC1 runnning issue-Asking for a friend (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233001)

Keeter 11-09-2017 07:57 PM

'95 SC1 runnning issue-Asking for a friend

1 Attachment(s)
I'm kinda the middle man in this situation.

Brother in law to wife to me. I took a screen shot of the convo. I haven't looked at it, and am not familiar with the TBI setups as my SL1 has a swapped '98 DOHC in it.

Was thinking fuel filter. '95's i assume have one somewhere. The fact it doesn;t happen all the time tells me fuel, or ignition.

Being it's my wife's half brother's mom's car I'm not putting too much concern into it as I haven't seen his mom in 10 years.

Mostly told him post up a question on here himself, but he's too proud to ask for help.

Any way, If I get even one response that would be enough for me.

toggenburg 11-09-2017 09:06 PM

Re: '95 SC1 runnning issue-Asking for a friend

Well, mileage on the car?
Plugs n wires, what maintenance has been done recently if any?
TBI need cleaning, run some techtron (sp) cleaner through it?
Running bad? We would need more specific info to assist in this.

billr 11-09-2017 09:10 PM

Okay, my response is that we would need better info to be of any real help. "Runs like ****" is just going net a lot of guessing.

fdryer 11-10-2017 01:01 PM

I'll add to guesses; what's fuel pressure, does the TBI leak when looking down into it with ignition turned on (engine off), was the two wire coolant sensor ever replaced from the faulty round nosed plastic one to the flat nosed brass one, t-stat replaced, fuel filter replaced?

Jonasan308 11-10-2017 03:03 PM

"Too proud to ask for help" but he's already asking for your assistance with it. Haha. Or maybe its different because its asking a internet community instead of someone you know? Ehh.

Keeter 11-11-2017 12:22 PM

I told him something in the fuel system more than likely. He told my wife again he drives it for 45 min to an hour, and has no problems which makes it hard to diagnose.

At least I have a something to send back to him.

Thanks fellas!!

fetchitfido 11-11-2017 12:48 PM

'95's don't have TBI, only '91-'94. All DOHC's and '95+ SOHC's have MPFI.

The fuel filter is on the driver side frame rail and costs all of $30 unless you get innovative (then it's like $8).

Sight unseen I'd start with the fuel filter, plugs, wires, ECTS (including connector if it shows signs of corrosion), thermostat and air filter.

wolfman 11-11-2017 01:01 PM

Add remove and clean the EGR valve. An [I]intermittent[/I] poor running issue, especially after the engine has warmed and at lower RPM or at idle is an EGR issue better than 50% the time.

Jonasan308 11-13-2017 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=wolfman;2258985]Add remove and clean the EGR valve. An [I]intermittent[/I] poor running issue, especially after the engine has warmed and at lower RPM or at idle is an EGR issue better than 50% the time.[/QUOTE]

Huh, i was under the impresdion that you weren't active on this forum at all. Stop by on occasion?