SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vue Tech (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Hello All New Here Need some local Advice (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232655)

1Bayne 09-27-2017 09:44 PM

Hello All New Here Need some local Advice

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 07 Vue Base 3.5L with 181k, the timing chain was changed at 165K. The car's check engine light was on and had the code p0685, but went out, car starts after a few tries but most of the time it starts fine. The air would only get cold when driving at high speeds. The strangest thing about the dash, radio, headlights etc. would blink out like a shorted wire then come back on. Once when I turned on the headlight then fog lights the radio, then every warning light flashed on then went out. Tonight when I came home and was parking the car, I put the car in reverse and all the light went out, radio cut of then came back on. I have been searching the internet and this site and was reading about problems with the BCM.. If anyone would have any knowledge of a local garage here in Columbus, Ohio who would know how to diagnose and repair I would be so helpful.
Thanks for any advice.
George

lord_varon 09-27-2017 11:02 PM

Re: Hello All New Here Need some local Advice

1Bayne,
Welcome aboard Saturn land. You got a good little SUV, but they do tend to be a little maintenance hungry. I can't help you on the P code right off the top of my head, do you know what it is saying the issue is? That really helps if you can give us that. On the electrical gremlins, I would start looking at all the grounds that you can find... Clean them very well.
On the A/C issue. Look for 'Lo idle A/C mystery solved' Hopefully this link works..
[url]http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191521[/url] Overall, an easy and inexpensive permanent solution to your problem.

John

1Bayne 09-27-2017 11:40 PM

Thanks lord_varon: I am impressed with the Saturn I got. Big surprise when I hit the gas.

You hit the AC problem on the head! I bought the car last week and the dealer tried to recharge the AC and the gauges were exactly how it was described! I searched google and found this video on Yotube "Diagnosing and Replacing Auto A/C Scroll-type Compressor Control Valves"
So One problem down!

The pcode I was able to track down from AutoCodes dot com:
Possible causes Weak battery Low voltage while cranking Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM) power relay ECM power relay harness is open or shorted ECM power relay circuit poor electrical connection Blown ECM fuse Faulty ECM.

So I will begin tracking down all of the grounds I can, if I run into a roadblock I'll have to seek someone more knowledgeable than myself. I guess I will start from behind the center console.

Thank you very much!
I'll keep everyone posted.

satlite440 09-28-2017 12:00 AM

do you have a sunroof?

BobWolf 09-28-2017 12:03 AM

Have the battery and alternator tested as well. Ive had a couple vehicles do some bizarre things, once had someone try to sell me a new engine computer just to find the battery was on its way out.

1Bayne 09-28-2017 08:31 PM

[QUOTE=satlite440;2255638]do you have a sunroof?[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the late response, yes I have.

1Bayne 09-28-2017 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=BobWolf;2255640]Have the battery and alternator tested as well. Ive had a couple vehicles do some bizarre things, once had someone try to sell me a new engine computer just to find the battery was on its way out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bob, I'll have time this weekend and will update everyone on the status.
This is a very weird thing. Today nothing at all. Ran well.

Thanks again everyone.

atikovi 09-29-2017 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=1Bayne;2255620]Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 07 Vue Base 3.5L with 181k, the timing chain was changed at 165K. [/QUOTE]

Looks like you got one of those rare ones with a timing chain.