SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Highest Mileage Saturns--looking for biggest numbers (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231969)

Driver Tom 07-24-2017 09:26 AM

Highest Mileage Saturns--looking for biggest numbers

Hey all,

I have a local news reporter asking about high-mileage Saturns.

She's aware of a car that's broken 300,000 miles, and wants to know how close that is to a record.

While I know that 300,000 is a solid performance, I am quite positive that
you guys know of better.

What have you got?

-T.

Jonasan308 07-24-2017 10:10 AM

Re: Highest Mileage Saturns--looking for biggest numbers

Well, theres talk about a guy with like 800k running around somewhere. He ought to be a member here.

Theres a couple here with 400k+ and then theres me with 172k. Hahaha....

Driver Tom 07-24-2017 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=Jonasan308;2249249]Well, theres talk about a guy with like 800k running around somewhere. He ought to be a member here.

Theres a couple here with 400k+ and then theres me with 172k. Hahaha....[/QUOTE]

Love to get a pic of one of the 400+ cars, if that person sees this.

Would be for a TV news piece.

Driver Tom 07-24-2017 11:37 AM

[QUOTE=Driver Tom;2249250]Love to get a pic of one of the 400+ cars, if that person sees this.

Would be for a TV news piece.[/QUOTE]

If anyone with a 400,000+ mile Saturn would like to share their experience--maybe with a pic of the OD and a pic of themselves with the car, I can make you mildly semi-famous.

Contact me: [email]Tom@CGauto.com[/email]

Thanks.

pierrot 07-24-2017 10:47 PM

[QUOTE=Driver Tom;2249258]If anyone with a 400,000+ mile Saturn would like to share their experience--maybe with a pic of the OD and a pic of themselves with the car, I can make you mildly semi-famous.

Thanks.[/QUOTE][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"][B][I][COLOR="blue"]Driver Tom[/COLOR][/I][/B], use the [B][I][COLOR="blud"]Google Custom Search[/COLOR][/I][/B] found on these pages to look for members who've stated that they've crossed the 300K mile threshold. There are three or four within the L-Series forums who claim their cars have gone that far. I believe that I've seen some claim this as well within the S-Series forums (I'm don't frequent those sub-forums very much). The [B][I][COLOR="green"]Advanced Forum Search[/COLOR][/I][/B] feature is too cumbersome for most searches. Once you've found these members, hover the browser over their login names and click on it to see if they receive p/m's. Or click on the [B][B][I][U][COLOR="red"]View Public Profile[/COLOR][/U][/I][/B][/B] instead and when sent to the next page, look at its contact information there.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Charlie 07-24-2017 11:16 PM

[QUOTE=pierrot;2249339][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"][B][I][COLOR="blue"]Driver Tom[/COLOR][/I][/B], use the [B][I][COLOR="blud"]Google Custom Search[/COLOR][/I][/B] found on these pages to look for members who've stated that they've crossed the 300K mile threshold. There are three or four within the L-Series forums who claim their cars have gone that far. I believe that I've seen some claim this as well within the S-Series forums (I'm don't frequent those sub-forums very much). The [B][I][COLOR="green"]Advanced Forum Search[/COLOR][/I][/B] feature is too cumbersome for most searches. Once you've found these members, hover the browser over their login names and click on it to see if they receive p/m's. Or click on the [B][B][I][U][COLOR="red"]View Public Profile[/COLOR][/U][/I][/B][/B] instead and when sent to the next page, look at its contact information there.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

If its easier, you can also email me their usernames and I can email them directly. I've reached out to some members too. Hopefully we'll get some SaturnFans.com folks included in the story! :yes:

Charlie

Charlie 07-25-2017 07:03 AM

[QUOTE=Driver Tom;2249258]If anyone with a 400,000+ mile Saturn would like to share their experience--maybe with a pic of the OD and a pic of themselves with the car, I can make you mildly semi-famous.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Hi Tom,

I've reached out to two owners of 400k+ mileage Saturns, plus a couple others. I'll let you know when I hear something back from them. Still searching for more...

Thanks,
Charlie

Driver Tom 07-25-2017 06:12 PM

[QUOTE=Charlie;2249376]Hi Tom,

I've reached out to two owners of 400k+ mileage Saturns, plus a couple others. I'll let you know when I hear something back from them. Still searching for more...

Thanks,
Charlie[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Driver Tom 07-26-2017 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=Driver Tom;2249460]Thank you![/QUOTE]

Any news?

Hoping to share some long-distance Saturn stats with my friend later today.

Thanks!

-T.

2NDSOUT 08-22-2017 07:55 AM

Haven't been here in awhile, but I saw this post- so I thought I would add my two cents.

I had a 94 SC1, that was all original on the auto trans and engine- neither of which had been rebuilt prior to the car surpassing 340,501 miles on the odometer.

I was only the 2nd owner of the car- but I may as well have been the original owner as I bought the car with 59,000 miles on it back in 1997. I owned the car from 1997-2008; when I lost compression in Cylinders 1 and 3. The engine was shot.

I was going to rebuild the engine, but at the time I was starting a family and other life events were more important.

The other cars in my signature reflect a good portion of high mileage cars that I have owned over the past 20 years.

Feel free to reach out to me at my email, if the News reporter would like to do an interview. [email]Bryan.Bertsche@hotmail.com[/email]

I have pictures in my gallery as well ;)

Chazberry 08-24-2017 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=Driver Tom;2249552]Any news?

Hoping to share some long-distance Saturn stats with my friend later today.
[/QUOTE]

You might PM Mr. [B]Highmile[/B] ('95 SL1 636k and counting again) . . .
[url]http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232078[/url]