SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vue Mods (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Finding an Antara Grille? (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231911)

alexwilson 07-18-2017 05:41 PM

Finding an Antara Grille?

I have an 08 VUE and absolutely love it. However, for a while now I have been trying to find the grille and badges for an Opel Antara to put on it and have had absolutely no luck.

I realize this forum may not be the right place for this query and perhaps I should look in an Opel forum instead. I was just wondering if anyone on here has done this same modification and, if so, where I would have the best luck finding the parts I need.

What a VUE 08-15-2017 01:21 PM

Re: Finding an Antara Grille?

[QUOTE=alexwilson;2248500]I have an 08 VUE and absolutely love it. However, for a while now I have been trying to find the grille and badges for an Opel Antara to put on it and have had absolutely no luck.

I realize this forum may not be the right place for this query and perhaps I should look in an Opel forum instead. I was just wondering if anyone on here has done this same modification and, if so, where I would have the best luck finding the parts I need.[/QUOTE]

According to this, it'd probably work. As the Antara wasn't sold in the US, you'll need to look in Europe/UK.

The Opel Antara is a compact crossover SUV which was designed and produced by Opel from 2006 to 2015. The Antara, based on the Theta platform, shared its underpinnings and powertrains with the Chevrolet Captiva. However, it only offered five seats instead of seven, and had a different exterior and interior design.

Opel Antara
Opel Antara 2.0 CDTI front 20100516.jpg
Overview
Manufacturer Opel (General Motors)
Also called Chevrolet Captiva Sport
Daewoo Winstorm MaXX
GMC Terrain (Middle East)
Holden Captiva 5
Saturn Vue
Vauxhall Antara

alexwilson 09-20-2017 11:23 PM

[QUOTE=What a VUE;2251791]According to this, it'd probably work. As the Antara wasn't sold in the US, you'll need to look in Europe/UK.

The Opel Antara is a compact crossover SUV which was designed and produced by Opel from 2006 to 2015. The Antara, based on the Theta platform, shared its underpinnings and powertrains with the Chevrolet Captiva. However, it only offered five seats instead of seven, and had a different exterior and interior design.

Opel Antara
Opel Antara 2.0 CDTI front 20100516.jpg
Overview
Manufacturer Opel (General Motors)
Also called Chevrolet Captiva Sport
Daewoo Winstorm MaXX
GMC Terrain (Middle East)
Holden Captiva 5
Saturn Vue
Vauxhall Antara[/QUOTE]

Thank you, but I already know it will work; my problem is that I have scoured the internet but I am not able to find a grille and badge for sale.

burlyvue2 10-07-2017 10:58 PM

You need a contact across the pond as your first attempt. Nobody in North America can access your specific part needs.

Buy American! :usa::us:

anthonySW 10-18-2017 09:31 PM

[QUOTE=alexwilson;2254979]Thank you, but I already know it will work; my problem is that I have scoured the internet but I am not able to find a grille and badge for sale.[/QUOTE]

Why would you want an Opel badge on your Saturn?