SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Astra Tech (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   2009 Astra Diagnostic Error Codes, diagnostic help needed (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231882)

jarluk 07-16-2017 12:01 PM

2009 Astra Diagnostic Error Codes, diagnostic help needed

I have these 4 error codes, vehicle was stuttering at low rev's and had check engine light on.

P0300
P0301

I have changed spark plugs to help with this but no change in performance

P0313
C1555

What are these codes? What is recommended course of action?

Should I invest in a new iginition coil pack?

fdryer 07-16-2017 12:57 PM

Re: 2009 Astra Diagnostic Error Codes, diagnostic help needed

P0300 is a general misfire for all four cylinders, P0301 is for misfiring in cylinder #1. If you search past threads within the Astra forums, you may see a repeating failure pattern of coil packs.

Googling for each error code will provide many sites with code definitions.

DWW 09-05-2017 03:58 PM

My daughter has a 2008 XR that has thrown a number of codes including 300, 301 and 313. I have replaced plugs, coil pack, mass airflow sensor and air filter. Car runs great but the CEL was still on. I recently (this past Saturday) cleared the codes and am waiting to see if the CEL comes back on.

j.small17 11-10-2017 11:46 AM

My 09 Astra XE is giving me 0301 and 0313 codes. Running very rough, acceleration is weak, and CEL comes and goes as I drive. Based on a few threads I've read on this site (it's been a big help for me, a new Astra driver) I figure it's either the spark plugs or ignition coils.

I replaced the spark plugs first, to see if that helps at all. The gap was bigger than .045, so I tried closing the gap (didn't help) then I put in new plugs (didn't help either).

Now, I have ordered an aftermarket ignition coil pack (Spectra Premium C-828 from eBay, also avail on Amazon.ca). It should be here in about a week. Will update when it's installed. Hopefully it gets everything back to normal!

Edit: forgot to mention some details on my car. Just purchased in July from a used dealer. 54000 km on it (up to 59K now) and drove like it was brand new. It may have been sitting for a while (lug bolts were INCREDIBLY difficult to get off to change to winter tires and the oil drain plug is seized/stuck) before I bought it.

fdryer 11-10-2017 07:04 PM

P0301 is a misfire in cylinder#1 while P0313 is a misfire detected with low fuel; [url]https://www.engine-codes.com/p0313.html[/url]. Astra members here may have better info. Did you run the fuel tank to close to empty?

Whoever did the wheels and oil may have used gorilla techniques using a pneumatic impact wrench set for 3 million ft-lbs.......... Morons do this in laziness instead of learning what t-o-r-q-u-e [tork] means and using finesse if they insist on using pneumatic impact tools.

j.small17 11-18-2017 05:19 PM

Update: Ignition coil pack arrived yesterday and I installed it today. Car runs smooth and is good as new!

Re: drain plug - it seems like it was just over tightened. Was able to get it off with some TLC from a heat gun and a hammer. The O-ring on it looked dinged up (maybe it was leaking and that was excuse to over tighten) so I replaced it.

[QUOTE=j.small17;2258885]My 09 Astra XE is giving me 0301 and 0313 codes. Running very rough, acceleration is weak, and CEL comes and goes as I drive. Based on a few threads I've read on this site (it's been a big help for me, a new Astra driver) I figure it's either the spark plugs or ignition coils.

I replaced the spark plugs first, to see if that helps at all. The gap was bigger than .045, so I tried closing the gap (didn't help) then I put in new plugs (didn't help either).

Now, I have ordered an aftermarket ignition coil pack (Spectra Premium C-828 from eBay, also avail on Amazon.ca). It should be here in about a week. Will update when it's installed. Hopefully it gets everything back to normal!

Edit: forgot to mention some details on my car. Just purchased in July from a used dealer. 54000 km on it (up to 59K now) and drove like it was brand new. It may have been sitting for a while (lug bolts were INCREDIBLY difficult to get off to change to winter tires and the oil drain plug is seized/stuck) before I bought it.[/QUOTE]