SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Outlook General (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Trying to find info on the 07/08 bon jovi edition outlook (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231424)

punklanae 06-09-2017 01:15 PM

Trying to find info on the 07/08 bon jovi edition outlook

I am the proud new mama to a bon jovi edition outlook. Honestly, it was just the most reasonably priced outlook in the area ;)I'm just curious to find out more information on it. How many were produced? Is there anything different on it to a normal xr edition?

Purchased it used. Having a lot of airbag problems at the moment.... 5 codes popped up on it :( I see this seems to be a fairly common problem. Pretty irritated about that. I see evidence of sunroof/moonroof leakage but don't smell any mildewy smells.

Other issue I'm currently having is that when starting, its doing a slow crank. It is starting but in the beginning, before starting, its hesitating. I've already replaced the battery with a brand new one (which is how I found the water leak since its leaking into the battery area) but it didn't fix the problem and the alternator is fine.

Anything I should know?

onefunkar 06-09-2017 08:35 PM

Re: Trying to find info on the 07/08 bon jovi edition outlook

never heard of bon jovi edition 07 outlook. and i worked for saturn. maybe a dealer did it???

punklanae 06-10-2017 07:34 AM

[QUOTE=onefunkar;2243989]never heard of bon jovi edition 07 outlook. and i worked for saturn. maybe a dealer did it???[/QUOTE]

If you search even inside the saturn forums, you can find info on it. The guy I bought it from said 250 were made but everything I search, I can only find one that was given away on ebay for charity.

onefunkar 06-10-2017 04:06 PM

i looked it up and found just what you said. just curious what is different to make it bon jovi? badging?

punklanae 06-11-2017 08:09 AM

[QUOTE=onefunkar;2244065]i looked it up and found just what you said. just curious what is different to make it bon jovi? badging?[/QUOTE]

There is a badge, there is also some insignia on the upholstery. I'm hoping I can manage to find a bit more info.

My husband and friend tore out the headliner yesterday to fix any leaks. Whoever decided to do leaking fixes on it before was an absolute idiot. They spent 4 hours peeling off the headliner they decided to spray around the moonroof. They'd really done a number on it and on the rubber tubing.... they also decided to put duct tape around the air bags in there he said. We think that might take care of that. I'm tempted to go run it through a car was so that I don't find out its leaking on the kids when I take it on the road next week for its first long journey with the little ones. Unfortunately, the service airbag light is still on even after all the at home fixes I found. I made an appt for Tuesday so that I can get the airbags looked at. I noticed the parking break light isn't coming on either so I guess that's on my list. I guess the good news is that, for the moment, we haven't found too many other huge surprises... yet.