SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions & Greetings (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hello From Southern California! (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231215)

LukeGirard 05-22-2017 09:33 PM

Hello From Southern California!

Hi all! My names Luke and I purchased this 1993 Saturn SW1 on thursday of last week for $160! It has a rebuilt engine, new clutch, and 27" All Terrains. It needs a power steering pump, rack and pinion, AC Compressor, and new front shocks. For $160 I'm pretty happy with this little wagon =) Bleh I can't post pictures because this is my first post sad day =(

pierrot 05-22-2017 11:07 PM

Re: Hello From Southern California!

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]
Welcome to SaturnFans, [B][I][COLOR="blue"]LukeGirard[/COLOR][/I][/B]! It's nice to have another SoCal member here. What part of SoCal do you call home?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[QUOTE=LukeGirard;2242161].....and 27" All Terrains.[/QUOTE][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]Are the tires really [B][U][COLOR="red"]27"[/COLOR][/U][/B]? I think it very unlikely, don't you? :)[/SIZE][/FONT]

LukeGirard 05-22-2017 11:34 PM

[QUOTE=pierrot;2242167][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]
Welcome to SaturnFans, [B][I][COLOR="blue"]LukeGirard[/COLOR][/I][/B]! It's nice to have another SoCal member here. What part of SoCal do you call home?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]Are the tires really [B][U][COLOR="red"]27"[/COLOR][/U][/B]? I think it very unlikely, don't you? :)[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I live up in Apple Valley next to Victorville. And actually yes it has 27" all terrains with 1" wheel spacers in the front. It has no front fenders and a bash bar for the front bumper. This is why I wanted to post pictures!

pierrot 05-23-2017 02:04 PM

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]Oh, I get it now! So you have something of a [B][I][COLOR="red"]monster[/COLOR][/I][/B] S series wagon on your hands. That's got to look a bit wild! Many, many moons ago my parents took me to the Roy Rogers Museum in Victorville. We occasionally travel through that area when on the way to or from Big Bear Lake.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Sky Pilot 05-23-2017 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=pierrot;2242209][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]Many, many moons ago my parents took me to the Roy Rogers Museum in Victorville. [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]Wow, didn't they close that about 10 years ago and move it to Branson?

Sky Pilot 05-23-2017 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=pierrot;2242167][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]Are the tires really [B][U][COLOR="red"]27"[/COLOR][/U][/B]? I think it very unlikely, don't you? :)[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]Definitely gotta see a picture of that baby!!

MikeNW 05-23-2017 06:54 PM

Welcome! If I did it again, I'd have bought a wagon instead of my 97 SL (not sure if there were wagons in 97)

LukeGirard 05-24-2017 02:30 PM

I've got 11 more posts to make before I can post pics! Aghhhhh

WhiteSaturnL200 05-25-2017 09:56 AM

Welcome to SaturnFans! I also live in Southern Cali. Currently out in Death Valley. I think this is the furthest west I'll go! There is a wealth of information here to keep your Saturn on the road. I've looked at plenty of old forums to diagnose and fix my minor issues. If you are thinking of asking a question definitely check the forums. It could already be answered. You certainly got your car for a steal! I'm probably forced to do a full GM service on my A/C when I have the time and insanity for it. Death Valley summers are no joke!

KEN

LukeGirard 05-25-2017 10:15 AM

[QUOTE=WhiteSaturnL200;2242430]Welcome to SaturnFans! I also live in Southern Cali. Currently out in Death Valley. I think this is the furthest west I'll go! There is a wealth of information here to keep your Saturn on the road. I've looked at plenty of old forums to diagnose and fix my minor issues. If you are thinking of asking a question definitely check the forums. It could already be answered. You certainly got your car for a steal! I'm probably forced to do a full GM service on my A/C when I have the time and insanity for it. Death Valley summers are no joke!

KEN[/QUOTE]

Oh wow how can you live out there? What kind of jobs do they have out there? My saturn needs a new ac pump as it doesn't have one on the car. I'm dying and it's not even in the 90s yet up here. Also it's got some gross old window tinting that needs to be replaced. I wish my subaru had some window tinting but at least that wagon has ac. Now if only if it would stop breaking lol

fdryer 05-25-2017 11:11 AM

LukeGirard, are you trying to attach thumbnails to these posts or creating a photo album in a separate area here?

LukeGirard 05-25-2017 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=fdryer;2242446]LukeGirard, are you trying to attach thumbnails to these posts or creating a photo album in a separate area here?[/QUOTE]

I was trying to attach my photos from photo bucket but it said I can't do that until I have 15 posts.

WhiteSaturnL200 05-25-2017 11:15 AM

Subies are supposed to be rock solid! Lucky for me I also have a 2000 Toyota Corrolla (That I want to rid of due to exhaust and idle issues at only 142,000. Not taken care of well before me) and a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 that both have ice cold A/C. How long it lasts no one can really say.

In Death Valley there are three hotels. Yes. People are crazy enough to want to vacation in the one place on earth where the high and low are 100+ degrees F apart from summer to winter. This provides wonderful job opportunities for those who can live without the typical creature comforts of "Civilized Life" Like traffic,500 HDChannels, and high speed internet that is only used for social media and Netflix. I have everything I need here. Cable TV for free (I can still watch the big game), Internet for free (Social media OR Netflix not both) and two square meals a day for free. It's a great place to save some cash.

Tint is essential! I've got all of mine tinted as dark as can be. Saves the interior like nothing else!

Supposed to hit a high of 113 today. Fun times.

Currently work as a Bellman for one of the resorts. I've worked Housekeeping, Front Desk, Server, Host. Basically wherever they need me. We have a lack of dedicated workers here. Very transient through here. I wake up and sometimes do two different jobs before I go back to my room.

I swear I'm not trying to get more people out here. Promise.

KEN

LukeGirard 05-25-2017 11:28 AM

[QUOTE=WhiteSaturnL200;2242448]Subies are supposed to be rock solid! Lucky for me I also have a 2000 Toyota Corrolla (That I want to rid of due to exhaust and idle issues at only 142,000. Not taken care of well before me) and a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 that both have ice cold A/C. How long it lasts no one can really say.

In Death Valley there are three hotels. Yes. People are crazy enough to want to vacation in the one place on earth where the high and low are 100+ degrees F apart from summer to winter. This provides wonderful job opportunities for those who can live without the typical creature comforts of "Civilized Life" Like traffic,500 HDChannels, and high speed internet that is only used for social media and Netflix. I have everything I need here. Cable TV for free (I can still watch the big game), Internet for free (Social media OR Netflix not both) and two square meals a day for free. It's a great place to save some cash.

Tint is essential! I've got all of mine tinted as dark as can be. Saves the interior like nothing else!

Supposed to hit a high of 113 today. Fun times.

Currently work as a Bellman for one of the resorts. I've worked Housekeeping, Front Desk, Server, Host. Basically wherever they need me. We have a lack of dedicated workers here. Very transient through here. I wake up and sometimes do two different jobs before I go back to my room.

I swear I'm not trying to get more people out here. Promise.

KEN[/QUOTE]

If you need any Airplane mechanics out there let me know haha. That's what I'm doing to school for. And the the subaru (98 legacy wagon 5 speed manual) has given me nothing but problems. It's got 120,000 miles on it and it's super clean inside and out but it runs like **** 99.9% of the time. Even with about $4000 worth of engine work. It got a new clutch and in February and it went out after 3,000 miles. I swear it's always something with that car.

WhiteSaturnL200 05-25-2017 11:42 AM

Don't think airplanes can make it here and back out after touchdown lol But I will keep my eyes peeled! I lived in Vegas for most of my life before this. Boy I sure do hate traffic.

I think the proportion between the number of cars around and how many dings in my car I get goes up exponentially. There's about 50 cars stretched out between 5,200 Square Miles. I feel safe.

I wish you the best of luck with your Wagon. I'm personally in the market for a L series wagon. I just think they look better than the S series. I can't wait to see the pics on your monster.

fdryer 05-25-2017 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=LukeGirard;2242447]I was trying to attach my photos from photo bucket but it said I can't do that until I have 15 posts.[/QUOTE] Ahh, I hadn't thought about that scenario. My one cell between my ears only accounted for those trying to attach thumbnails or create a photo album here, not provide a link to external sites hosting images. You can always spell out the link and add spaces. Most of us, including me, can figure out the rest.

fdryer 05-25-2017 01:33 PM

[QUOTE=WhiteSaturnL200;2242454]Don't think airplanes can make it here and back out after touchdown lol..... [/QUOTE]
That has me thinking ( yes, sometimes I engage in 'B' mode). Anyone know the air density altitude equivalent at Death Valley, California?

LukeGirard 05-28-2017 10:12 PM

I just realized that if you guys want to see picture of the Saturn you guys can chack out my Instagram it's lukegirardsphotography

Mister_Cee 05-29-2017 09:24 PM

"Welcome! If I did it again, I'd have bought a wagon instead of my 97 SL (not sure if there were wagons in 97)"

There were.

I believe that 1993 was the year they were introduced. I wasn't aware of them until the 1995 model year, though (probably because I wasn't looking for a car at the time). I bought a 1996 and they were made through 2002, I think.

alordofchaos 06-06-2017 07:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=LukeGirard;2242782]I just realized that if you guys want to see picture of the Saturn you guys can chack out my Instagram it's lukegirardsphotography[/QUOTE]

Linked for you :)

[url]https://www.instagram.com/lukegirardsphotography/[/url]

and a couple screen caps - for $160, looks like hella fun!