SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Saturn Chat Tonight at 9pm (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186163)

Charlie 10-25-2012 05:04 PM

Saturn Chat Tonight at 9pm

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=3512]Saturn Chat Tonight at 9pm[/drupal]

[quote]I wanted to post a quick reminder that I'll be in the [URL="http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/chat.php"]SaturnFans Chat Room[/URL] between 9-10pm EDT tonight. I'll be taking questions all night. And I'd like to get some feedback from you all too. For instance, was the Reunion worth the effort to put together? Also, I've worked up a couple different concepts for next-gen SaturnFans.com websites, but I am not sure with the direction I want to take the site in the coming years. What would you like to see in the SF of the future?[/quote]

cityhawk 10-25-2012 05:11 PM

Re: Chat with Me in the SaturnFans.com Chat Room Tonight at 9pm EDT

Hi Charlie,

I would love to chat then, but I will be in band practice until around 10:30. Any chance you will be lingering longer? :)

Charlie 10-25-2012 06:26 PM

Re: Chat with Me in the SaturnFans.com Chat Room Tonight at 9pm EDT

Sure! I'll try to stay in as late as I can!

Looking forward to it!

Charlie

stevedj_98 10-25-2012 07:05 PM

Re: Chat in the SaturnFans.com Chat Room Tonight at 9pm

Charlie:

Just to let you know, I no longer own a Saturn. I traded my 2008 Aura for a 2011 Buick Regal in December 2010. My Regal was built in Germany by Opel. It is a re-badge of the Opel Invicta, and was rumored to be the next Saturn Aura, before GM pulled the brand.

I've owned (or leased) five Saturns since 1998. A 1999 SL1, 2002 SL2, 2003 L200, 2007 Aura, and 2008 Aura. The Regal would have been my 6th Saturn.

I'm very pleased with the Regal. But I'm totally in love with my 100% electric, zero emission, Nissan LEAF. Best car I have ever owned! Over 7,700 miles, and I've never been stranded. Only $18 in maintenance, and that was for tire rotation. My LEAF is really fun to drive. Quiet, comfortable, 5-star safety, 0-60 in 9 seconds. Rear View camera, satellite radio, killer navigation, and Bluetooth for each of the five passengers. Costs me about 3 cents per mile to charge up, with a charging unit in my garage, if I still just used the power company. But this past summer, I installed a SunPower 4.9 kw solar array on the roof of my home. The LEAF now charges for free, and my electric bill is paid for by the solar installation.

Yes, the LEAF is my "town car," because of it's limited range. But you can't find a more enjoyable everyday commuter car. The Regal sits in the garage most of the time, but gets used for vacations and cross-country trips.

I only wish that Saturn had been around long enough to have built a plug-in hybrid version like the Chevy Volt, or a 100% electric car.

cityhawk 10-25-2012 09:33 PM

Re: Saturn Chat Tonight at 9pm

Hi Charlie, I don't know if you're still there. I'm having trouble getting the app going. Firefox told me I needed a plugin, so I downloaded it and installed it, and it said it installed successfully. When I reload the page, it still tells me I need the plugin. Internet explorer just gives me an error.

Charlie 10-25-2012 10:03 PM

[QUOTE=cityhawk;1925863]Hi Charlie, I don't know if you're still there. I'm having trouble getting the app going. Firefox told me I needed a plugin, so I downloaded it and installed it, and it said it installed successfully. When I reload the page, it still tells me I need the plugin. Internet explorer just gives me an error.[/QUOTE]

I think the chat room requires Java be installed. Maybe reboot your PC after downloading the plugin? I see you popping in and out of the chat room. Sorry for all the trouble. I hope it starts working soon!

Charlie

UForgotten 10-26-2012 09:58 AM

Hi Charlie,

Let me start by saying that I appreciate everything you do for the Saturn Community. However, only a few hours notice for the reunion gave me no time to plan on being there. I would have loved to have been a part of the festivities, but I already had too much going on.

Please do this again, perhaps on a weekend, and give people a week's notice and a few reminders. That should help drive in the crowds.

Best Regards,
UForgotten

mike08vue 10-26-2012 10:47 AM

Charlie, I won't be able to make it--I work till 10:00 and it would be after 10:30 before I could get on. It would be nice to be able to chat with the old group once more. Possibly another time down the road.:(

adventureoflink 10-26-2012 10:25 PM

[QUOTE=mike08vue;1926020]Charlie, I won't be able to make it--I work till 10:00 and it would be after 10:30 before I could get on. It would be nice to be able to chat with the old group once more. Possibly another time down the road.:([/QUOTE]

Day late and a dollar short on that one buddy... it was for LAST NIGHT.

and to UForgotten, the reminders were confined to just this general Saturn forum only.. and in this regard there were posts/threads on the general Saturn subforum and main site counting down to the reunion.

[QUOTE=stevedj_98;1925802]Yes, the LEAF is my "town car," because of it's limited range.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't know Nissan made [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Town_Car]"luxury cars"[/url], let alone huge EVs... you mean to tell me Infiniti will somehow spin that leaf into a Vicki-like sedan? :D Damn... and here I was hoping Ford would bring it back :( bummer.