SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   SaturnFans.com's 2012 Saturn Reunion Starts at 12:01am on October 25th (Yep, That's T (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186079)

Charlie 10-24-2012 05:24 PM

SaturnFans.com's 2012 Saturn Reunion Starts at 12:01am on October 25th (Yep, That's T

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=3491]SaturnFans.com's 2012 Saturn Reunion Starts at 12:01am on October 25th (Yep, That's Tonight!)[/drupal]

[quote]I hope to see everybody tonight just after midnight (EDT) for the start of the 2012 Saturn Reunion! But don't worry, if you can't join us until the morning, we'll have a log of all the posts cataloged right here on the front page of SaturnFans.com. The bulk of the activity will flow just like in the old days when there were Saturn news articles posted on an almost daily basis.[/quote]

adventureoflink 10-25-2012 12:06 AM

Re: SaturnFans.com's 2012 Saturn Reunion Starts at 12:01am on October 25th (Yep, That

Just popping in to say hi :usa:

And that Saturn of mine, unfortunately I didn't get to the engine due to health problems but I will get it tackled at some point...

HumpMan 10-25-2012 02:15 PM

Re: SaturnFans.com's 2012 Saturn Reunion Starts at 12:01am on October 25th (Yep, That

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for having the Reunion. Where do we post?

This is the HumpMan and I have to say that I miss Saturn. I still have a Saturn, though, having acquired a 2008 Saturn Astra right before Saturn stopped production back in 2009 (?). I later sold my 2003 Saturn VUE to a friend of some friends and I think she ("Clementine") is living the leisure life in the Outer Banks of NC.

The Astra is a fun car, and certainly a bit more European than the traditional Saturn. Seeing the Chevy Cruze having some success, along with the Sonic and Spark and I often wonder how Saturn would have fared had they had product like that a few years ago.

I drove through Harrisonburg, VA a few days ago and I see that the Chevy dealer there still had their Saturn sign up. I think that is because they are still a Saturn Certified Service dealer. It's still nice to see the logo, though.

Anyway, best wishes to everyone in the extended Saturn universe!

the HumpMan

Dutchman1954 10-25-2012 06:00 PM

Hi there everyone! I second the fact that I really miss Saturn. The bickering in Lansing that resulted in the demise of the division that really could have helped pull GM out of it's mess really soured me on ever buying a GM product again. I have owned two Pontiacs and a Chevy over the years. Up to this point my favorite car was my first, a '63 Pontiac Catalina station wagon.
My 2005 Ion 1 is THE best car I have ever owned. It just rolled over 115,000 miles and has no major work done on it other than the replacement of a master cylinder at about 35'000 miles. Other than that regular oil changes and air filter changes. Just looked at the brakes last week and they still have almost 75% of their friction material left (amazed the mechanic that did the inspection)on the original factory brakes. He told me that he has Toyota's that come in every 30,000 for brakes. I am probably going to have to change out the plugs soon tho........