SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Welcome ImSaturn Members (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149992)

Charlie 01-28-2010 11:01 PM

Welcome ImSaturn Members

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=3453]Welcome ImSaturn Members[/drupal]

[quote]With the pending closure of the ImSaturn social networking site, Saturn has been working closely with me to facilitate a transfer of the most popular "social groups" from the ImSaturn site to SaturnFans.com. The remaining folks at Saturn have a sincere interest in making sure Saturn owners continue to have a place to talk about their cars. As a result, I'm happy to announce the creation of the new "[URL="http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/group.php?cat=4"]ImSaturn Groups[/URL]" section here at SaturnFans.com. Now more than ever, it's important for Saturn owners to have a place to share their experiences and get help. The new groups were built to closely mimic the group configuration at ImSaturn. You'll still be able to post photos, as well as send and receive messages from other members. You can also create your own social group![/quote]

mikec 01-29-2010 06:21 PM

Re: Welcome ImSaturn Members

Charlie, you're a good man. Thanks for keeping the Saturn torch burning. Now, if you could please fix the broken link at the bottom of the /forums page (when you click on your name, you get a PHP error) you'll be perfect!

etheriau 01-29-2010 06:42 PM

[QUOTE=mikec;1576287]Charlie, you're a good man. Thanks for keeping the Saturn torch burning.[/QUOTE]

I usually don't like to post +1 posts, but this seems worth it. You have done a great job at keeping this site up and running and Saturn fans informed -- congrats on the new acquisition and thanks for keeping the torch burning!

cola 01-30-2010 11:07 AM

Thanks for all the hard work Charlie!!

IONfan2 01-30-2010 01:21 PM

Good work, Charlie. :)

I am just sad to see the IMSaturn Website disappear...I am a member of that site in addition to Saturnfans.com. This is all hard for me: our local reatailer being closed, the brand being phased out, seeing what the 2012 Aura could have been by looking at the Buick Regal... :cry:

A very very VERY sad time. :(

marx404 01-31-2010 10:52 AM

IMSaturn was unique. Along with the many Saturn employees who were members, many SaturnFans members were there as well. For those who only were familiar with IMSaturn: Welcome to SaturnFans - you are in good company.

mozartbrian 02-04-2010 12:32 PM

This is also a great site for all the IM Saturn twits to realize what garbage Saturn really is. You all thought your Aura'a where state of the art and different when in fact you are all driving Chevy Malibu's. By the way, your Astra's are Opels. LMAO. To bad IM Saturn is gone, I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left. This site won't be as fun, but all I can say if you want to see what is wrong with your Saturn this is the site to be on.

marx404 02-04-2010 03:40 PM

[QUOTE=mozartbrian;1579412]This is also a great site for all the IM Saturn twits to realize what garbage Saturn really is. You all thought your Aura'a where state of the art and different when in fact you are all driving Chevy Malibu's. By the way, your Astra's are Opels. LMAO. To bad IM Saturn is gone, I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left. This site won't be as fun, but all I can say if you want to see what is wrong with your Saturn this is the site to be on.[/QUOTE]

Wow. So, tell us how you really feel.:drool:

saturn 51 02-04-2010 09:15 PM

hey when did saturn of schaumburg close?:no:

jaman 02-06-2010 03:12 PM

Thank you for letting us speak out for the love of our Saturn cars Charlie !!

you are a great moderator !

:usa:

saturn 51 02-07-2010 01:03 AM

Booring! Lets her some dirt.:(:banana::redjump::grnjump::sleep:

TaylorMutts 02-07-2010 08:41 AM

[QUOTE=mozartbrian;1579412]...I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left. [/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that even happens here. ;)

AJR 02-07-2010 10:29 AM

[QUOTE=saturn 51;1579627]hey when did saturn of schaumburg close?:no:[/QUOTE]

I called them for a part on Dec 2nd and got a message that they were closed down. Then on the 19th, I got a letter saying to bring my cars in to them for great savings on service. LOL! Yeah, waste more money on mailings for a closed down operation. And we wonder why GM nearly went under (and still might).

Andy

tgfsaturn 02-09-2010 09:58 AM

Thanks Charlie!

10974 02-10-2010 08:02 PM

Asking here..... When did Saturnteam close?? Is there or will there a be a place for ex Saturn employees? Here on SaturnFans.com? Employee= from Spring hill to the dealers?

Any input is very welcomed!!!

Mike.
ex Parts Consulantant
Saturn of English Creek
Egg Harbor NJ

jaman 02-10-2010 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=10974;1582376]Asking here..... When did Saturnteam close?? Is there or will there a be a place for ex Saturn employees? Here on SaturnFans.com? Employee= from Spring hill to the dealers?

Mike.
ex Parts Consulantant
Saturn of English Creek
Egg Harbor NJ[/QUOTE]

Hi Mike , sorry you had to go through all these changes as a Saturn employee . I know in this economy jobs are hard to find and I just hope that whomever took over the Saturn dealership that you worked at offered you a position with there company which ( thank Go. ) has been the case most of the time .
Saturn is gone , its not coming back any time soon . We all love our Saturn's and I personally will be around the Saturn forums for a long time to come .
I believe in the Saturn idea and concept that was presented BY GM a long time ago . I'm disappointed that they picked Saturn as sort of a scapegoat to bail out on during tuff restructuring times with GM and there BK . I feel that it was unnecessary to bail out on Saturn and it definitely should have been handled differently . I also understand that when a company is going through a BK that rash quick decisions can be made which can not be reversed after the decision because its TO LATE .
We are only human and mistakes can and will continue to be made , its what we do after we discover that a mistake has been made that makes a difference.
Sometimes we need to admit out mistakes and carry on .

For instance , I know it will more than likely never happen because of pride, but check this scenario.
What if GM acknowledged that possibly a mistake had been made during very tuff times wall they were going through the BK and that Saturn should have never been scrapped.
What if they decided to re-introduce Saturn ??? could they do that ???
YES ! they most definitely could . Should they do that ?? YES they most definitely should !! would that help GM ??? YES it definitely would !!!
would they ever suck up there pride , admit that mistakes were made and do the right thing ????? I DOUBT IT . lol.

marx404 02-11-2010 06:41 AM

[QUOTE=10974;1582376]Asking here..... When did Saturnteam close?? Is there or will there a be a place for ex Saturn employees? Here on SaturnFans.com? Employee= from Spring hill to the dealers?

Mike.
ex Parts Consulantant
Saturn of English Creek
Egg Harbor NJ[/QUOTE]

Mike, have you looked at the top of the SaturnFans.com Forum menu lately? There we are. ;) [url]http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php[/url]

BoDuke70 02-12-2010 03:32 PM

[I]This is also a great site for all the IM Saturn twits to realize what garbage Saturn really is. You all thought your Aura'a where state of the art and different when in fact you are all driving Chevy Malibu's.[/I]

Saturn Aura was intruduced as a 2007 model. The corresponding Malibu was [I]not[/I] until 2008.

[I]By the way, your Astra's are Opels. LMAO.[/I]

GM has owned Opel since 1929. Sharing of platforms within a corporation is rather common. What's your point?

[I]To bad IM Saturn is gone, I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left. This site won't be as fun, but all I can say if you want to see what is wrong with your Saturn this is the site to be on.[/I]

Stupid, uneducated, and moronic...like denoting plurality with an apostrophe and an [I]s[/I]? And I assume, from your sidebar details, that you drive, insure, and fill with gas one of these "garbage" vehicles, when at any time you could sell it and drive whatever you consider to be a better brand. Between your poor grammar and your failure to prove yourself any better than the "twits" you condemn by continuing to own and operate said garbage, cannot say you have made an impression as one to be rightfully casting any dispersions.

DesertPuma 02-12-2010 04:55 PM

[QUOTE=BoDuke70;1583132][I]This is also a great site for all the IM Saturn twits to realize what garbage Saturn really is. You all thought your Aura'a where state of the art and different when in fact you are all driving Chevy Malibu's.[/I]

Saturn Aura was intruduced as a 2007 model. The corresponding Malibu was [I]not[/I] until 2008.

[I]By the way, your Astra's are Opels. LMAO.[/I]

GM has owned Opel since 1929. Sharing of platforms within a corporation is rather common. What's your point?

[I]To bad IM Saturn is gone, I really loved reading all the stupid, uneducated and moronic comments people left. This site won't be as fun, but all I can say if you want to see what is wrong with your Saturn this is the site to be on.[/I]

Stupid, uneducated, and moronic...like denoting plurality with an apostrophe and an [I]s[/I]? And I assume, from your sidebar details, [B]that you drive, insure, and fill with gas one of these "garbage" vehicles[/B], when at any time you could sell it and drive whatever you consider to be a better brand. Between your poor grammar and your failure to prove yourself any better than the "twits" you condemn by continuing to own and operate said garbage, cannot say you have made an impression as one to be rightfully casting any dispersions.[/QUOTE]

Although he could have been more eloquent, he has a point. For you see I agree with his main point. He is showing that he drives an '05 VUE with the Ecotec. A "true" Saturn, versus just another GM Clone.

I too share his opinion (as I read between the lines), that Saturn died as soon as they dropped the polymer and were rolling out metal-skinned clones. I don't blame Saturn, I blame GM, and will never even sniff at another GM Clone (the lone exception being the CTS, not cloned anywhere else within GM, not that I know of anyway, but it's out of my.price range anyway, and thus a moot point.)

BoDuke70 02-12-2010 06:27 PM

Beg to differ there, Puma. Domestically, the Ion platform was ours first, Outlook platform was ours first...as well as the aforementioned Aura. Can you really call the original a clone? And the Ecotec 2.2L L61 engine in the 05 Vues dates back to 2002, in the Cavalier. Yes, they were all [I]GM[/I] engineered vehicles, but GM has [I]always[/I] had a part in the Saturn story. We would never have [I]been[/I] without GM. Maybe Saturn would still be around had the powers that be left us to what we were originally designed to do, but I suppose no one will ever know.

And even though I would give him my best service should he walk into my facility right now, I just could not let someone call [I]any[/I] of my customers twits and morons and let it ride. If you have that Saturn logo on your car, regardless of where you are, where you bought it, and what you may or may not buy from me, [I]you are my customer[/I].