SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Saturn Introduces "Saturn Authorized Service Providers" (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149586)

Charlie 01-19-2010 12:23 AM

Saturn Introduces "Saturn Authorized Service Providers"

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=3452]Saturn Introduces "Saturn Authorized Service Providers"[/drupal]

[quote]From Saturn: On October 19, 2009, we sent a letter with the news that the sale of Saturn could not be finalized and as a result, the Saturn brand will be phased out over the next year. Reading letters you sent in, as well as the thoughts that were posted on saturn.com has been an emotional and uplifting journey.[/quote]

05SaturnRL 01-19-2010 12:59 AM

Re: Saturn Introduces "Saturn Authorized Service Providers"

[quote]From Saturn: On October 19, 2009, we sent a letter with the news that the sale of Saturn could not be finalized and as a result, the Saturn brand will be phased out over the next year.[/quote]
Hmm, never got that one in the mail:dizzy:

[quote]You may have already received a message from us, letting you know the name of your Saturn Authorized Service Provider. Rest assured, they are committed to providing the same level of service as when you first purchased your vehicle.

If you have not heard from us, it is likely that your Saturn Retailer is still open for business. We will notify you when an authorized service provider is in place.

[/quote]
Not expecting to get this either since Saturn seems to never send me any kind of infomation that all other owners receive. Oh well, as long as I can locate parts easily that's all I care about, I could care less about the dealers

RicksVue 01-19-2010 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=05SaturnRL;1571102]Hmm, never got that one in the mail:dizzy:
[/QUOTE]

I didn't, either - apparently Saturn has my ZIP code wrong. I just need to figure out how to fix that.

AllarysDanyaela 01-19-2010 02:28 PM

never got any letter.... T.T And parts are getting hard to find around here...

Amie Jo 01-19-2010 02:52 PM

Haven't gotten a thing from Saturn. But I did get a call from my Service Tech from Saturn and she's working at Kia now. I'll be taking my Ion there.

TaylorMutts 01-19-2010 03:37 PM

You will receive a letter after your Saturn store closes with GM. I know that some of them have closed their doors, but they may remain active with GM for a period of time. Also, you will get a letter only if you bought your Saturn as a new vehicle or a Certified PreOwned purchase.

ml0126 01-19-2010 10:54 PM

All Saturn dealers in my area have been closed for some time. Tons of GM dealer who are willing to do warranty repairs except GM wants to to buy there parts from closed saturn dealers at Retail. Got this directly from a Gm dealer. Now the want me to drive 2 hours for repair...get real!!!! They consider 100 miles as local....got this straight from the Saturn help line...

Most likely will trade it in with another a company who cares

daver 01-19-2010 11:26 PM

Charlie, sometimes I don't know how you do it. Year after year you provide more information to Saturn owners than any place else on the web, and still all you hear is "Wah, wah, wah!" :no:

stevedj_98 01-20-2010 01:22 PM

Got both the email from GM and a letter from Saturn of Chattanooga.

Of course, I still get service reminders every 3 months for the 2003 L200
I traded away 3 years ago. I've asked the dealer many times to take that vehicle off the mailing list.

saturn 51 01-20-2010 05:49 PM

after three used saturns and two new ones no letter.:banana::x:sleep:

chillin05VUE 01-20-2010 08:07 PM

Even though I have a local dealer still, the service center Saturn is talking about for my area is about 40-50 miles away. No way will I drive that far just for work on my Saturn. South Tacoma Honda, here I come (after my local dealer closes).

ToledoEngineer 01-21-2010 01:52 PM

The local dealer is still open here, but only as a used car lot. And somehow they've managed to keep the Saturn name through everything. I guess they are going to continue to do Service, but I haven't heard (or seen) a damn thing from them or Saturn/GM.

Last Saturn 01-21-2010 09:16 PM

Also still waiting for a letter from GM. For Pontiac owners they are providing 4 free oil changes at the dealers GM has designated for Pontiac service. Think GM will offer the same to Saturn owners?

Fortunately my former Saturn dealer plans to stay open selling used cars and servicing Saturns. GM's authorized service providers for Saturn in this area offer an experience at best second-rate compared to Saturn. And one of the two is regarded by many as offering the worst customer service in the area. After an unbelievably miserable experience there a few years ago shopping for a pick-up truck, I refuse even to enter the facility. GM made a very poor choice in choosing that dealer. But then again, GM has made many bad decisions.

My next car may be a Toyota ... after they fix the accelerator pedals...

BobH 01-24-2010 10:25 PM

We received the letter and then a couple of letters from the authorized service place which is the Chevy/Caddy dealer down the street from the Saturn dealer. Took the car '96 SL2 in for routine oil/filter, etc. and found that they had also hired 4 people from the Saturn dealer. This dealer was very busy with quite a number of Saturns coming in. On the other hand, there was nothing of interest to me in the showroom. Considered an Equinox but there is nearly no visibilty out the rear. Maybe it's time to look at a Subaru Forester of Outback.

SaturnIONSLVUE 02-05-2010 01:36 AM

Used Saturn Authorized Service for my 2007 ION under warrenty and it worked just like I was at a staurn dealer back in good old days of saturn! If that keeps up my next car will be a chevy!

cmpcpro 02-07-2010 10:01 PM

[QUOTE=SaturnIONSLVUE;1579728]Used Saturn Authorized Service for my 2007 ION under warrenty and it worked just like I was at a staurn dealer back in good old days of saturn! If that keeps up my next car will be a chevy![/QUOTE]

Will we still be able to get dealer only parts at these places?

SaturnIONSLVUE 02-08-2010 02:08 AM

I was told by my Saturn Authorized Service Provider (Chevy/Caddy dealer) that they will have most requested parts in stock like your Saturn Dealers did. If they don't have the parts they can order them now. They will also have keys and paint.

Saturn Authorized Service Provider is like a Saturn dealer but does not sell saturns but sells other GM cars. So far (Since August 2009) I have gotten better and cheeper service at my Saturn Authorized Service Provider. I would buy a chevy based on my service so far.

TaylorMutts 02-08-2010 10:11 AM

Awesome! Our goal is that all Saturn Authorized Service Providers will give you the same great treatment. If anyone else has comments about their experiences (good or bad), please let me know.

SaturnIONSLVUE 02-08-2010 12:00 PM

My Saturn Authorized Service Provider is Atlantic Chevrolet and Cadillac of Bay Shore, New York.

adventureoflink 02-08-2010 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=SaturnIONSLVUE;1580984]Saturn Authorized Service Provider is like a Saturn dealer but does not sell saturns but sells other GM cars. So far (Since August 2009) I have gotten better and cheeper service at my Saturn Authorized Service Provider. I would buy a chevy based on my service so far.[/QUOTE]
yeah that is, till they won't honor the warranty and do everything in their power to fight the warranty claim... :hmm::snide: