SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Editorial: Saturn Fell Prey to GM, UAW Bungling (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145434)

Charlie 10-08-2009 09:59 PM

Editorial: Saturn Fell Prey to GM, UAW Bungling

A new feeditems entry has been added:

[drupal=3403]Editorial: Saturn Fell Prey to GM, UAW Bungling[/drupal]

[quote]From the Detroit News: Prospects for GM's Saturn division dimmed with the Penske Automotive Group's failed bid to keep the nameplate's dealer network alive. But the division's problems began long before GM's bankruptcy and downsizing. GM management and the United Auto Workers union both sabotaged the ideas behind Saturn. The division began as a model for regaining market share from Japanese automakers, improving dealer service and reforming labor practices. With collaboration and more flexible work rules, a no-pressure dealer sales strategy and a peppier product made in a Spring Hill, Tennessee plant, Saturn could have helped spread reforms to other GM brands.[/quote]

ChgoBlues 10-09-2009 08:15 AM

Re: Editorial: Saturn Fell Prey to GM, UAW Bungling

So sad at how TRUE this is. And some wonder WHY some Saturn loyalists like myself more than likely will not purchase another GM product in the future.

Why support self destruction...

ar15 10-09-2009 12:15 PM

[QUOTE=ChgoBlues;1526311]So sad at how TRUE this is. And some wonder WHY some Saturn loyalists like myself more than likely will not purchase another GM product in the future.

Why support self destruction...[/QUOTE]

Why did you buy the 2008 models you have now? All of this happened BEFORE those models were made.

wolfman 10-09-2009 08:16 PM

Hindsight is 20/20. For those of us who were part of the "real" Saturn and who saw this beginning to happen 10 years ago, raged against it, and predicted the outcome... it is bittersweet and sad.

And yet people wonder why I loathe GM and despise the UAW.

crystal scan 10-09-2009 11:21 PM

well Rest in Saturn, come on GM save saturn please do us favor let saturn,, why can't saturn run its self all we like it use to ?????????

Stevie 01-27-2011 11:23 PM

It's so unfortunate that Saturn met it's demise. I just bought my first (98 SL1) last summer when a friend was selling it for cheap and I really like it. To bad a new Saturn wont be a possibility in the future, I'll probably be forced to buy some other GM because the imports seem to expensive, and from what I hear aren't always much more reliable these days :cry:

VTHokie00SL2 02-01-2011 04:34 PM

[QUOTE=wolfman;1526647]Hindsight is 20/20. For those of us who were part of the "real" Saturn and who saw this beginning to happen 10 years ago, raged against it, and predicted the outcome... it is bittersweet and sad.

And yet people wonder why I loathe GM and despise the UAW.[/QUOTE]

Amen.